“You can do better, much better”
Review of Villa Frogner B&B

and 1 more site!
Villa Frogner B&B
Ranked #4 of 20 Oslo B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington, USA
“You can do better, much better”
Reviewed 17 July 2006

I cannot come close to recommending this place. This was the worst hotel experience I've ever had in 40 years. This is also the first "terrible" rating I've given a hotel, but they certainly worked to earn such a distinction.

My first impression on my room was that it was a bit tired looking. The wallpaper was peeling from every seam, for example. The window faced a bunch of dumpsters. Ah well, if only that had been the worst of it.

My room had a double bed, and a couple couch/day beds in it. Across four days, the staff moved one day bed out of my room, then the other, then.... moved one back in. Each time my luggage and clothes, which was either on a day bed or in the empty spot, was tossed over onto one of the chairs. Seriously - they moved furniture in and out of my room and disrupted my luggage and clothes, without announcing it ahead of time or explaining why. I can't even imagine how they could think this was acceptable.

When I talked with the manager about this, he did not apologize. Instead, he said his staff wouldn't have done such a thing, the couches weren't that nice anyway, and I didn't need the couches. So he just avoided the point - no apology, no acknowlegment that there is a problem. This didn't do a lot to set my mind at ease, or show that they understood this kind of disruption to a guest's room, unannounced, is a BIG problem.

I moved out and I am following up with a complaint to the Norwegian consumer agency.

As someone that counts on TripAdvisor for reviews, I have to warn off potential travellers - steer clear. It's just not worth your vacation time or money to deal with these people. Investigate some of the other choices in the vicinity (Frogner Apartments, Vigelands Parken, or Residence Kristinelund, for example). I'm staying at Frogner Apartments now, and I'm very happy (I'll be writing a good review for them soon).

Villa Frogner changed management earlier in 2006, before I arrived. Older reviews for the previous management team were generally positive (I checked before I booked). But now, I think the new team will have difficulty getting return visits and recommendations with their current level of service.

• Stayed June 2006
4 Thank DValkyrie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2005

This is a small, friendly, quiet and family run 4 bedroom (all with en suite and TV) B&B in the best area of town. A very short walk from the main entrance to the Vigelandspark (well worth a visit) - where bus and trams stop - it is also just a 500 m walk from the terminus of one of the airport buses (the Flybusexpress to Majorstuen - NKR 140 each way and it takes one hour, and runs twice an hour) from Gardermoen. The Frogner area is a 10 minute tram ride into the town centre, or better still a 25 minute walk through the Royal Palace gardens! In the Majorstuen area nearby there are plenty shops and restaurants also.
There is a casual air to Villa Froger: it is very clean: breakfast is a cold buffet; and you have to make your own beds!
The hosts all speak excellent English. We paid 750 NKR per room per night B&B which isnt cheap, but then again Norway is a very expensive place to visit. All in all, a good spot to stay. The location is the key.

• Stayed June 2005