“Good food at good prices for Oslo”
Review of Elias Mat & Sant

Elias Mat & Sant
Ranked #47 of 1,696 Restaurants in Oslo
Price range: £2 - £28
Cuisines: Norwegian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sentrum
Description: Possibly Oslo's nicest cafe and restaurant. Informal and warm atmosphere :)
Reviewed 11 July 2016

Booked a table online through TripAdvisor recommendations. Communication excellent by restaurant. Service was polite and efficient, food was very good - I had the chèvre and beets high was delicious followed by the veggie burger - again very good - one of the best veggie burgers I've had. Portions are large so be hungry! The bill wasn't bad at all for Norway. Ho again? Yes - I would. It's a nice place for a relaxed meal.

3  Thank Debbie D

Reviewed 8 July 2016

Elias is right in the middle of number of tourist hotels and museums so inevitably almost all their clientele are tourists, but don't let that scare you away. Elias serves a fine array of european and norwegian dishes for a fairly reasonable price. And they have an excellent wine and beer list. I had the reindeer stew, which was actually very tasty. My wife had an excellent beet salad and pan roasted fish dish. Attractive dining room and very friendly service.

2  Thank Dough2000
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

Even though I'm a vegetarian, they had plenty of options for me here. I walked past this place while trying to find somewhere to eat, and I'm glad I found this place.

The most amazing soups, vegetarian burger, side of potatoes, and orange juice I've had in a very long time! I wish I lived in Oslo just so I could eat here! Highly recommended.

Date of visit: May 2016
3  Thank 2016MikeAndrews2016
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed our meal here. They brought out homemade bread with herb butter. We ordered a dried meat sampler which was small but good. My husband a
Had reindeer stew with very nice mashed potatoes. I had chèvre and bacon burger with fries which was quite good. Both servings were large. Service was simple but polite. It was a cozy and peaceful dining room despite being busy on a Sunday night.

1  Thank dixiepeach
Reviewed 2 July 2016

Dined here for dinner one night to enjoy local cuisine. The service simply ok, but the food was well worth the stop. Very tasty and good portion sizes. Americans will find it a bit pricey, but Elias is not as expensive as many places in the city. Overall a very good stop that I definitely recommend.

Date of visit: June 2016