“Casual family restaurant with great food”
Review of Elias Mat & Sant

Elias Mat & Sant
Ranked #47 of 1,696 Restaurants in Oslo
Price range: £2 - £28
Cuisines: Norwegian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sentrum
Description: Possibly Oslo's nicest cafe and restaurant. Informal and warm atmosphere :)
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

My family and I were in Oslo for couple of days and we chance upon this restaurant near the Royal Palace. It serves great Norwegian food, very pleasant and relax environment. The restaurant is not big but nicely set up. The service staff looks like is the owner was very friendly and helpful . We had mussels and asparagus soup as starter and they were really good. Main course was stew reindeer, we never had reindeer before but this was surprisingly good. My wife had a fish which I forgot what name it is, we were told that we can only get this fish in Norway or Japan. This was very good fish, tender and juicy. We had a great meal there. I would highly recommend this place if you are looking for great Norwegian food and you don't want to dress up for it.

4  Thank Singtlim

Reviewed 11 July 2016

Booked a table online through TripAdvisor recommendations. Communication excellent by restaurant. Service was polite and efficient, food was very good - I had the chèvre and beets high was delicious followed by the veggie burger - again very good - one of the best veggie burgers I've had. Portions are large so be hungry! The bill wasn't bad at all for Norway. Ho again? Yes - I would. It's a nice place for a relaxed meal.

3  Thank Debbie D
Reviewed 8 July 2016

Elias is right in the middle of number of tourist hotels and museums so inevitably almost all their clientele are tourists, but don't let that scare you away. Elias serves a fine array of european and norwegian dishes for a fairly reasonable price. And they have an excellent wine and beer list. I had the reindeer stew, which was actually very tasty. My wife had an excellent beet salad and pan roasted fish dish. Attractive dining room and very friendly service.

2  Thank Dough2000
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

Even though I'm a vegetarian, they had plenty of options for me here. I walked past this place while trying to find somewhere to eat, and I'm glad I found this place.

The most amazing soups, vegetarian burger, side of potatoes, and orange juice I've had in a very long time! I wish I lived in Oslo just so I could eat here! Highly recommended.

Date of visit: May 2016
3  Thank 2016MikeAndrews2016
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed our meal here. They brought out homemade bread with herb butter. We ordered a dried meat sampler which was small but good. My husband a
Had reindeer stew with very nice mashed potatoes. I had chèvre and bacon burger with fries which was quite good. Both servings were large. Service was simple but polite. It was a cozy and peaceful dining room despite being busy on a Sunday night.

1  Thank dixiepeach