“Home-like Thai feeling”

Siam Oriental
Price range: US$14 - US$38
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I have for a long time wanted to visit this neighbourhood restaurant in Oslo's St. Hanshaugen and I am so glad that I finally had a dinner here. When you walk in you get this home-like warm feeling and the waiter greeted us warmly. The restaurant is rather small, but then again most of the tables are next to the window. I had crispy springrolls for starter and chicken with cashew nuts (Gai Pad Ma-Muang Himapan) as my main. Both of the dishes were excellent.

Service was attentive and our waiter was really sweet. Only one thing was a bit wierd and that was the fact that we had to use the same cuttlery for the main course as we had for the starter. This is a family-driven restaurant and the reason could be saving time etc, but I would recommend to change the cuttlery after every meal for the restaurant guests. Anyhow, only a minor thing.

Loved the honest food that had the home-made Thai feeling in it.

Reviewed 19 November 2012

I've eaten here forever and return whenever I have a chance! Try the Yam Neua (Beef Salad) and Tom Kha Gai. All dishes are made to order, awesome taste and great quality. Friendly staff and nice atmosphere. A must try!

Reviewed 5 November 2012

This is the best Thai in Oslo and we have tried them all.

The food is really tasty and made from scratch, no pastes allowed. Worth the trip from the city centre...

Reviewed 28 October 2012

Absolute best Thai food in Oslo! Pure, authentic food and personal, warm atmosphere..! Best recommendations for this lovely little restaurant.