“A bargain you can walk to from the train”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Citybox Oslo

Ranked #23 of 100 Hotels in Oslo
Furlong, Pennsylvania
“A bargain you can walk to from the train”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Citybox Oslo is brand new and an easy walk from the train station. When I got there I went up to their self checkin machine and after putting in my reservation number and my credit card, it told me my check in was complete but then errored out on giving me a card! I looked around for some help and got the attention of a girl in the office. She was very kind and understanding and she was able to get me a room keycard and all sorted out in no time. The room was small by modern and for the price I paid ( $89) a bargain in downtown Oslo! The issues I had with the machine were more then outweighed by the helpfulness of the staff and I would stay there again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank data638
OsloCitybox, Manager at Citybox Oslo, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Hi data638!

Thanks for spreading the word about our hotel!

So glad to hear that our staff outweighed the minor problems we had with the check-in machines during your stay! They are working again now by the way! :)
We try our best to be a value for money hotel, and glad that you seem to agree!

Welcome back anytime! :)

Citybox Oslo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Arcata
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality for the price. Oslo is a very expensive city and to have such a nice budget hotel right near most everything was a real plus. 2 blocks from the central station, 2 blocks from Carl Johanas Gate. Easy to walk to many of the great museums and with an Oslo Pass very accessible to all the transit modes including the ferries out to the museums on Bygdoy. Mini market just 2 blocks up Prinsens Gate. There is no laundry anywhere nearby though, but if you are prepared it should not be a problem. Very pleasant English speaking staff.

Room Tip: Oslo Pass a great bargain. No soap in the shower.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 5Arcata
OsloCitybox, Manager at Citybox Oslo, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Hi 5Arcata!

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of our hotel!
So glad you enjoyed your stay!

There is actually a laundry a 3 minutes walk from our hotel, but maybe the citybox host you spoke with did not know that - I'll make sure they are now aware of it!

Have a nice day!

Wuhan, China
Reviewed 20 July 2013

good location: it is very near the train station. good service: They keep my baggage for 6days for free.
It is not expensive and clean. The hotel is very new and beautiful. There are many plug-seats in the room.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank CHENXIAOLEI
Hi CHENXIAOLEI!

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and glad to see that you are spreading the word about us on tripadvisor!
Hope to welcome you back to us some other time!

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I would stay here again. Excellent location, relatively good prices, clean. Innovative design. Needs more electrical outlets. More towels would be good too. Staff was helpful and friendly. Very small but if you just need a place to crash while exploring the city, this is a great choice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ElaanB
Hi ElaanB!

Thanks for your feedback!
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! If you come back to visit us again, feel free to drop by the reception where we got extra towels and extra power outlets you can bring to your room! :)

Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

Very central (3 min. walk) from Karl Johan and the main railway station.

The check machines didn't work but a friendly staff took care of my check in.

The room was clean and simple. No TV in the room. And no soap in the shower. The bed was comfortable. But for the price of NOK 550 a night for a single room I didn't anticipate getting any "luxury" condiments :)

All in all I would recommend the place and will book again for my next travel to Oslo

• Stayed July 2013
Hi KaareBottolfsen!

Thanks for your feedback!
We try our best to be a value for money hotel concept, and we're glad to hear that you seem to like our idea! :)

Reviewed 15 July 2013

For ok prices in central Oslo you can expect a clean room to sleep in. It is (really) small but offers all you need and is perfect for a short stay on a budget. The only thing missing is a cabinet (which would be great to help sorting through backpacks/suitcases etc.).
Our bathroom had no toilet paper (funny apparently room service just cleaned it) but friendly staff quickly took care of that problem.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank formosae84
OsloCitybox, Manager at Citybox Oslo, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Hi Stefan V!

Thanks for your feedback!

I do not know which room you stayed in, but if you stayed in our "Double small" category, the room is in fact "small". :) But, you get this for a lower rate than our normal double rooms. Should you feel the need for more space, I recommend upgrading!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and that our staff sorted quickly sorted out the lack of toilet paper! :)

Hope to welcome you back to us!
Have a great day!

Finland
Reviewed 10 July 2013

A really clean cubicle for a short stay.

The room was really clean and fresh. But small. And no TV, I cant understand that I missed the information that there is no TV, my bad. And Wi-Fi was available for free but it didnt work - at 7-8 am I had enough lane to get internet on.

Bathroom was big compared to the size of the single room. I had a chance to peek to other rooms and bigger rooms looked nice. But single room was so tiny... and clean :).

In this hotel normally you check in with a machine in the entrance. Now it was out of order but nice young lady checked you in.

There were maps of Oslo in the lounge.

Room Tip: Even if you travel alone, choose bigger room. They are facing in the street and have a bit more room...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Nina L
OsloCitybox, Manager at Citybox Oslo, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Hi Nina L!

Thanks for your feedback!

Strange that you were having difficulties with the wi-fi? I'll have to send some of our IT-guys to sort that out. Hope it wasn't too much of a problem!
Small, clean and simple rooms for a cheap price is what we try to offer. Too bad you didn't notice that we do not have TV's in the room - but hope you noticed that there are two large TV's in the loungearea! :)