“Didn't mind the size”
Review of Smarthotel Oslo

Smarthotel Oslo
Ranked #35 of 102 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stayed two nights in a single room, facing the internal courtyard. Yes, it was small but I didn't mind it too much. It was comfortably and quiet enough. The location is good, the hotel can be reached from the central station in a 10 minutes walk. Not exactly at the center of the action, so to speak, but close enough to the city centre that I could easily walk everywhere. The free wifi network was fast and reliable. I found the breakfast buffet to be plentiful and satisfying, and a great value for only 95 NOK. I liked the idea to be able to make my own waffles. My possible only complain is that I didn't find any towel in the bathroom at my arrival (had to get them myself somehow) and nobody came to make the room during my stay. Apart from that, me and my wallet were quite happy with my choice to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Location is central. Close to the main road "Karl Johan" which leads down to central station from the kings palace (about 7 minute straight walk).
Rooms are SOOOO small for two people w luggage ALSO they dont clean the rooms on weekends(?!)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Fantastic location in the heart of the city. For the budget you could not fault the hotel. Perfect room for needs and very well laid out.

Fill your boots breakfast was a real bonus and set you up for the day ahead.

Friendly helpful staff and the beer on the way back to the room at night was wonderful.

All in all couldn't be faulted and made the Oslo trip a delight. This type of hotel is a great concept.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We loved this hotel--I wish there were one in every big city I ever want to visit. The rooms are definitely small but nothing feels cheap or shoddy. The staff were friendly and the breakfast was very good.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Rooms are very small but the design and materials are OK so we have been able to stay there 4 nights without suffering too much.
Good location to visit Oslo.
Breakfast was OK. As you need to pay extra for it, we saved the money from the last day as we were leaving at 6am.
There is a supermarket just round the corner from the hotel.
Wifi was not working in our room, but we already changed from a room on the street to another on a small courtyard.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

The hotel is in a great location for public transport and the centre of Oslo. For those travelling to Oslo for the first time, please be aware that public transport works on a travel card type system and if you are using cash, then it's best to buy travelcards from the shop next to the station.

The hotel does have a breakfast service, which I have to say I didn't use as it's all payable by card not cash. However, there is a supermarket just across the road that has all manner of drinks and snacks.

The rooms are small but very clean and if you're like me and my other half, then it was just a place to sleep at the end of a day of exploring! Also, you really don't need any more room than you get, the only problem being a lack of space to put your luggage.

Oslo itself is a beautiful city with lots to do. The museums are well worth a visit as is the opera house, at least just for the view. There are plenty of great places to eat and even if you're trying to do Oslo on a small budget, there are several take always to use.

The only advice I have when visiting Oslo, is be prepared to pay 'capital city' prices. If you go armed with enough cash or a credit card, you will have an amazing time. Another thing to be aware of, is that this is very much a cashless city. Most people pay for things by card but all the places we visited (apart from the hotel itself) accept cash.

• Stayed: February 2014