“everything great bar the size of room”
Review of Smarthotel Oslo

Smarthotel Oslo
Ranked #39 of 102 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Everything was great bar the size of the room. Have to see it to believe it. No place to put clothes, didnt bother to unpack suitcase, make sure you bring a compact case.
Clean, good aircon, nice shower, great breakfast. Cheap coffee in lobby. Great quality bed!
Spend 3 nights here, no regrets.
great location.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Smarthotel Oslo

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stayed two nights in a single room, facing the internal courtyard. Yes, it was small but I didn't mind it too much. It was comfortably and quiet enough. The location is good, the hotel can be reached from the central station in a 10 minutes walk. Not exactly at the center of the action, so to speak, but close enough to the city centre that I could easily walk everywhere. The free wifi network was fast and reliable. I found the breakfast buffet to be plentiful and satisfying, and a great value for only 95 NOK. I liked the idea to be able to make my own waffles. My possible only complain is that I didn't find any towel in the bathroom at my arrival (had to get them myself somehow) and nobody came to make the room during my stay. Apart from that, me and my wallet were quite happy with my choice to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Location is central. Close to the main road "Karl Johan" which leads down to central station from the kings palace (about 7 minute straight walk).
Rooms are SOOOO small for two people w luggage ALSO they dont clean the rooms on weekends(?!)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Fantastic location in the heart of the city. For the budget you could not fault the hotel. Perfect room for needs and very well laid out.

Fill your boots breakfast was a real bonus and set you up for the day ahead.

Friendly helpful staff and the beer on the way back to the room at night was wonderful.

All in all couldn't be faulted and made the Oslo trip a delight. This type of hotel is a great concept.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We loved this hotel--I wish there were one in every big city I ever want to visit. The rooms are definitely small but nothing feels cheap or shoddy. The staff were friendly and the breakfast was very good.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Rooms are very small but the design and materials are OK so we have been able to stay there 4 nights without suffering too much.
Good location to visit Oslo.
Breakfast was OK. As you need to pay extra for it, we saved the money from the last day as we were leaving at 6am.
There is a supermarket just round the corner from the hotel.
Wifi was not working in our room, but we already changed from a room on the street to another on a small courtyard.