This is a new Asian/Vietnamese restaurant centrally located downtown Oslo, close to the Parliament, Oslo City Hall and the Aker Brygge pier.
The owners are Vietnamese, and hopefully they serve authentic Vietnamese food. We did not try the traditional Vietnamese dishes and tried their set menu.
All in all the food and courses were a 4 star minus, based on the following:
- The fried frog legs were crispy and crunchy, but had still a bit "froggy" taste.
- The salmon carpaccio was ordinary. Salmon was ok and the soya soyce was too salty and standard. The sauce should be more "poncho" style with light soya, sugar and lime.
- The beef tenderloin was good. The meat was tender. Sadly the sauce was too salty and we missed some more vegetables.
- The chocolate fondant was the best of the 4 courses. Though it would be much better if they had added more Vietnamese fruits.
- The coffee was made from a Nespresso machine. Thats not good enough for a restaurant like this.
The service was ok. It was more like a cafe service, rather than a premium restaurant waiter.
If you want to try this restaurant, look for a Lets Deal coupon, or try it during lunchtime. Lets Deal will save you 40-50%. Lunchprices are 30% lower than dinnerprices.
If you still want to go for dinner, pick their 3-6 course set menu. Their set menus are reasonably priced.
Their standard a-la carte prices are too high compared to what you get.
NOK 240-280 for a seafood or beef dish is too much. Then its better to go to Dinner Restaurant, which is 250 meters from Vuong Restaurant.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.