Clarion Collection Hotel Bastion
US$113
US$451
Hotels.com
US$177
Comfort Hotel Boersparken(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$152
US$550
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Hotel Xpress Youngstorget(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$116
Orbitz.com
  • Fitness centre
US$228
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Scandic St. Olavs plass(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$188
ScandicHotels.com
1,410 results
All reviewsevening buffetafternoon pancakesmake your ownfree pancakesopera housetrain stationcook your ownafternoon snackincluded in the pricefree dinnerclarion collectionan expensive citylight dinnerdeluxe roomtea and coffeehot drinkssandwich
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Free buffet dinner and wifi, comfy beds, central location but in the red light district.
Small rooms, single beds pushed together, unusually you must use your room card to lock door as well as unlock.
Bar is limited in both stock and staff. Not enough lifts.
Staff are pleasant enough, lobby is welcoming.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Pernille C, Resepsjonssjef at Clarion Collection Hotel Bastion, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Good evening, James,

Thank you for letting us know how you enjoyed your stay at Clarion Collection Bastion.
We are a small and intimite hotel with rooms that comes in all sizes.

Regarding the room doors, they lock them selves after 30 seconds, but you have an pootion to lock them right away with your key. We actually have two elevators, and im sorry that the front office staff did not let you know this when you checked in.

Please let us know if there is anything we can buy for the bar that you felt we did not have when you stayed with us.

Hope to see you again soon, we will make sure we offer you a good price for a bigger, upgraded room!

We wish you a great weekend!

Kind regards

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Visiting this hotel frequently. The personnel is very friendly and service minded. The personal treatment is key in this.
The hotel itself is not too big and breaths a homely athmosphere. Nice breakfast. Close to the city center.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
Pernille C, Front Office Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Bastion, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Hi Mark,
Thank you for your great review.
Im so glad that you look at us as your home away from home-that is just the feeling that we like to provide.

Looking forward till your next visite on monday!

Meanwhile, have a great weekend:)

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I am so glad that I booked this hotel. Location is perfect - about 10 minutes walk from the train station - and for that matter most buses, trams and trains that will take you wherever you want to go and sightsee. we booked the basic "double" room which is actually 2 single beds pushed together with separate single duvets. we got a room on the 3rd floor facing out onto the main street and you could see the water front looking out to the right. The room was fine enough, good lighting, tv, bathroom was v small, more of a wet room. The TV had a few good film channels as well when we wanted to relax after a day of walking around the city.
the hotel also has a small gym that i used a couple of times, 2 treadmills, a cross trainer, rower, stepper and free weights.
Best thing about the hotel though, is the food. Breakfast is included and you can choose from bread, cooked breakfast, salad, meats cereals and yogurts. You can then make your own pancakes from 3-5pm - a bit daunting at first but i soon got the hang of it. tea and coffee is freely available 24 hours a day. Even better, you can enjoy a free evening meal from 6-9pm! A soup is always on offer, as is a main course. during our stay we had meals such as thai casserole, pasta bolognaise and meatballs. There was always plenty of salad and bread available to accompany, and for dessert there was always chocolate cake, cream, cheese and biscuits. The staff during meals were very helpful and friendly, always asking if we enjoyed the food or if we slept well.

We had tried to mentally prepare ourselves for the prices in oslo but after our first lunch of 2 bagels and 2 small coffees coming to the equivalent of £25, we decided to rethink our strategy and eat mainly at the hotel, which saved me at least £100 over our 3 day stay, meaning I could save my cash for duty free!
I probably will not return to oslo, but I will definitely look out for this chain of hotel again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Mairi,

Im so glad that you took time out of a buissy scedule and gave us an review-and a great one that is! Thank you for that!

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the great homemade food that we offer our guests. I know Norway can be a bit expensive in the food departement, so we are glad to give yuo a cheaper, good and healthy option.

We have rooms that comes in different sizes, so for the next time if you are staying a while, maby you can upgrade to a room with a bigger bath and a seating erea for a great price.

We realy hope that you come back to Oslo, and stay at our hotel or one of the four other Clarion Collection hotels in Oslo, that also offer the same evening meal.

Wish you a great weekend!

Kind Regards,
Front Office Staff

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I was in Oslo in the midle of february 2014 and it was a very nice and cosy hotel. Very nice every one who is working there.Not a noice from the outside. It is in an good location from the Seaway and railway. It was a great place to stay. Those who is talking about the red light district, you dont sea og hear anything according that."I was out smoking", qiuet outside on the street. Calm and relaxing inside. I will recomand this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Hi Judith,

Thank you for letting us know how you felt about your stay and hotel Clarion Collection Bastion.
Im so glad that you had a good stay and that the staff provided you with the best service.

Hope that you come back for a visite again soon!

Wish you a great weekend!

Kinds regards,

Front office manager

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel has varied reviews. So let me start by saying that it's an amazing hotel but that could depend on your priorities.
Let's start with location. It's a five minute walk from the centre of Oslo. For me that was great. I did walk past a lady who could of been a prostitute but she didn't bother me or speak to me and so I wasn't bothered. The area certainly wasn't noisy. I loved the fact that I could be at the centre of everything so quickly.
Then there's the rooms. We started off in a very small room but it was clean, very modern and bright. If I come to Oslo I don't want to spend much time in my room as I want to be out seeing stuff, so the small room didn't bother me.
In the evening we discovered that a lot of light came into the room and it was hard to sleep. The receptionist sorted us a new room without hesitation. The new one was bigger but I suppose the furniture was a little older. That didn't bother me. I slept really well in my lovely peaceful room.
Next is the food. It was amazing. Home cooked, healthy and a lot of organic stuff. Breakfast was great, hot food, loads of eggs, cheeses and traditional Norwegian stuff.
Dinner was also great. Norway is expensive. Coming back to the hotel and making myself a pancake and having tea or coffee was great. Then dinner between six and nine. I am vegetarian and there was plenty for me to eat, I loved the homemade soup each night. I think I saved a fair amount of money eating at the hotel, if I'd eaten out in Oslo it would of been unhealthy stuff and fast food.
So to sum up...this is a perfect hotel if the odd lady who might be a prostitute will not offend you. If you want to eat good wholesome healthy food and if you don't care that your bedside table isn't brand new. For me it was perfect and when I go back to Oslo I will go back here!!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Good evening!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review as at trip advisor. Im so happy that you had a good stay at our hotel, as well Oslo.
Im glad that the reception staff could help upgrading you to a room that was more suited for your needs.
Your appreciation of the good homemade food makes me so proud of our kitchenstaff. I am glad to let them know how you feel. Especially Hanis delicious soups.

Again, thank you so much for this great review!
We hope that you come back and stay with us soon!

Have a great weekend!