“Good but pricey burger in shopping street”
Review of Homan Bistro

Homan Bistro
Ranked #422 of 1,560 Restaurants in Oslo
Price range: US$19 - US$25
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Homan Bistro & Bar is a centrally located gastropub in Bogstadveien 1 in Oslo. On the menu we have delicious bistro food, burgers and quick bites, as well as great and local beer, drinks and cocktails. Come around for something to eat or just for a drink!
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Just visited Homan with a friend. We did not have a reservation, but chose the restaurant based on its outdoor seating in the sun. It is a great spot for people watching as it is located in one of the busier shopping streets in downtown Oslo and the tables are facing the street.
I am always surprised to meet waiters working at Norwegian restaurant that does not speak Norwegian. Not a problem, just odd. Our waitress was nice and did her job, but nothing more.
We both enjoyed the Homan burger which was served with fries and a few onion rings. It was a nice burger, not the best burger I've ever had - but a decent one. The fries were extra crispy and the onion rings were tasty. It is a good spot for a lunch or dinner after shopping in nearby Bogstadveien and Hegdehaugsveien, and I will probably go back. Especially if they have an available table in the sun. Not sure if I would order the burger again though as it was very pricey at 196 NOK. Fortunately there were other items on the menu such as sandwiches and salads.

Hanne B, Public Relations Manager at Homan Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2015

Hi! Thank you so much for your review. Hope to see you again in the sun at Homan!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I walked in at 22:30 and the big restaurant was almost empty. I was placed at a table with a menu but no water or bread. I got my beer and since the kitchen closes at 23:00 i wanted to place my order asap. I was sitting there with my beer for 15 mins while 2 waiters was standing in the bar talking with a friend. At last i ordered. The menu is way too big and so many different "kitchens" that i had my doubts. I got a plate of "homemade" sausage with mustard and a big bouquet og rosemary. The sausage was cracked and didnt taste that great. My second course was a disaster.It also had a big boquet of rosemary btw. It was suppose to be bbq pulled pork sliders. What i got was pulled pork with industrial bbq sauce in a dry burger bun cut in 4 pieces. Seriously, a slider is a individual dish not a normal dish cut in four. No vegetables or anything, awful. So i feel that Oslo has just got a new "moneymachine" with no love for food or making a good restaurant. Will never return

1  Thank norvagabond

Hi,

we're sorry to hear that your visit at Homan was not satisfying. We are continuously working to improve both our food and service level, and certainly hope that we have improved since your first visit and that you will give us a new chance sometime.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

One of my favorite places in Oslo. The beer selection is perfect. I recommend Amundsen Ale. The food is excelent! The chefs burger is one of my favorites. Atmosphere is perfect!!!

Thank you so much! We love that you loved it here! See you again :)

Reviewed 23 February 2014

This is a american diner place, but in the middle of the main shopping street in Oslo, so you know what you'll get: burger and beer, but with a price tag.
It is indeed the case.

The food is pretty good, burgers are very good, big (very big) choice of beers (draft and bottle).

Note: they don't do take away.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Been here two times now and we've tried different stuff from the menu. I think everything on the menu is way overpriced. Then I don't think the food is that good. I was expecting something better. The food taste ok and that's it. The have a great beer selection which is worth to try out. That's what I think is good about the place. The service is good with friendly staff.

Hi,

thanks for your review! Sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our food. We are continuously working on our menu and change it twice a year, so your feedback means a lot to us when we evaluate the food we serve. Glad you liked our beer selection and that the service was good. Hope to see you again!