“Trendy, dining spot close to the park”
Review of Nodee Barcode

Nodee Barcode
Ranked #122 of 1,439 Restaurants in Oslo
Price range: US$30 - US$90
Cuisines: Asian, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: From the open kitchen with a robatagrill, 130 seats, high ceilings and an exciting interior designed by Anemone Wille Våge and Hilde Aasbo from Wille Interior AS, we wish to give you good reason to visit Nodee Barcode with intriguing experiences for both stomach and eyes. Our head chef Lung and his team has put together a menu with some of the old favorites from Nodee Asian Cooking, mixed with new influences and we hope you will like it!
“Trendy, dining spot close to the park”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We loved the atmosphere at this restaurant. We ate outside which was lovely, but the inside looked great as well. The service was prompt and courteous. The food and drinks were expensive. Most of it is a tapas type experience with a lot of small plates. We felt like we spent a fair amount and my husband would say he was still hungry at the end of the meal. The food was delicious - I had an amazing foie gras roll that was quite memorable.

• Visited July 2014

Rösrath
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food but expensive”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped over for dinner. Nice Asian food for big and less hungry men. Most meals you have to combine different small portions. Makes it a bit expensive. 1000Nok for 2 persons meal is usual, ifi look also at the tables right and left.

Oslo, Norway
“Pleasant restaurant close to the park”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We have had lunch here from time to time during the last six-seven years. Today, on the first of July, we came for lunch once again. Not many guests,and/but the service was not perfect. We had to wait for the meny, the wine. The food - a salad with scampi to start with, and grilled beef as a main - was ok but not more than ok. Maybe this place has been praised so much,too much. Maybe the time has come to make an effort to keep the customers coming back?

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Monica I
“Nice work dinner”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Had again the pleasure of dining at nodee with some business relations. This restaurant is among our favorites when we take guests out with work, but also personally this is one of my top picks, even when I have to pick up the bill. We had a great time and the night met our expectations - I can highly recommend it. Nothing more to say really.

• Visited June 2014
Menfi, Italy
“Terrible is already too much. Shameless.”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

ON-LINE SUMMARY: arrogant staff, mini-portions, low-quality food, meat in vegetarian dishes. Stay away.
Full review (I'm not used to write long reviews but this place deserves it).
ATMOSPHERE: From outside it looks wonderful: nice, elegant, staff in uniform, etc. When we arrived the guy at the door was worried that we didn't have a reservation (50% of the tables were empty and staid like that during our dinner).
STAFF: it wouldn't be fair to extend this to the whole staff, I can just talk about the man serving at our table. Never smiling, short answers, irritated from our presence (but it's not my fault if he's doing that job), arrogant attitude even for taking the order for a beer. Some people in their reviews justified that by writing they are not "pros" and not well paid, I don't think so, they were not kids, over 30yo, so they are just used to behave like this.
FOOD: my gf ordered a vegetarian dish and she got... pieces of meat in her wok! The chef probably used meat broth for cooking it. When we called the waiter, and showed the pieces of meat, he just took the plate back without saying a word. He went back after several minutes saying "they are making it again...". No one apologised for what, in a serious restaurant, would be definitely a shame.
I ordered some lamb that was cooked in a bad way (and probably frosted/defrosted in the worst way), mini-portion (couple of bites), gummy texture (rubber).
PRICE: at this point, I don't think it really matters. Even if it's free, would you go anyway after reading this review? I hope not.

• Visited May 2014