“Chinese food at its best”

Dinner Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #76 of 1,601 Restaurants in Oslo
Price range: US$20 - US$32
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Sentrum
Description: Dinner Restaurant has served food from our Szechuan and Cantonese kitchen in the heart of Oslo since 1989 and are proud to continue offering our guests an exciting journey through Chinese food culture. Traditionally, the Chinese meal consists of many different dishes that are shared between guests at the table in order to create a more social dynamic around the meal time. Our menu is structured in such a way that this style of eating is possible with us. Please ask your waiter if you would like to know more about the dishes and produce used. We would also like to share that all of Dim Sum is made here in the restaurant and the Mango Pudding is still made by the same cook that made it back in 1989.
Reviewed 5 July 2016

I have not been to China, but Dinner serves the best Chinese food I have ever eaten. This is a very popular eatery from Monday to Sunday and to secure a table I recommend you book first. Like the food the service is also excellent.

Date of visit: March 2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,837)

Reviewed 5 July 2016

I have been many times in this restaurant and I can see a big difference in staff at lunch and dinner shift. The dinner shift is usually ok, but the luch shift are slow and not helpful. The last time it was sort of irritating, because the drinks came too late for the courses, so we had to drink with already empty dishes.
The food is always good, nothing to complain. If you choose to visit this restaurant and enjoy it do it at dinner time! Prices are average for Oslo, not too expensive but not cheap eather.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 3 July 2016

Excellent food and atmosphere. Nice vegetables added to the well prepared meat. I would love to go there again.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

We went all vegetarian and were not disappointed!

Great service and nice atmosphere.

Don't miss out on their dumplings!

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank TheaLR
Reviewed 24 June 2016

I have during a short period of time had two dinners at this restaurant. Both times I have had one of their set menus (Ca 50 EU plus drinks). The food was excellent and varied in a number of small interesting dishes very well composed wrt how the tastes fitted and expanded each other. The kitchen is Chinese Sechuan. Service has been very good both times. If I should be picky I did not find the desert very exciting and the atmosphere is dense and busy and a little noisy. I have no problem in recommending this restaurant as a small Jewell in Oslo for this kind of kitchen.

Date of visit: June 2016