“The best sushi in my life”
Review of Alex Sushi

Alex Sushi
Ranked #11 of 1,440 Restaurants in Oslo
Price range: US$66 - US$66
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Alex Sushi in Solli Plass square in Oslo is one of the city's finer sushi restaurants. The interior is modern and stylish with an open kitchen area where guests sit around an oval table, watching the mastery of the sushi chefs at work. The menu includes a fascinating number of ingredients, with some exotic highlights for the more adventurous. The service is relaxed, knowledgeable and friendly. An excellent wine list complements the food, with vintage varieties mainly from France and Italy.
Moscow, Russia
“The best sushi in my life”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

This was the best sushi experience in my life! Everything is fantastic, we tried to taste as much as we could. Sashimi, sushi, maki - everything we tried was exequite.
If you like sushi and you are going to visit Oslo you just can't pass near this place!

• Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Oslo, Norway
“Delicious food”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Comparing to most of the sushi restaurants in the city, the meal prices at Alex Sushi is higher but the amount and quality is much better, tastier with less rice and more varied seafood.

We sat at the bar. The service was fast. The chairs are close to each other, the sound is loud from the music being played in the background and the voices of the customers.

We chose the red menu which was more than what we expected. The amount of food is generous and very delicious. Like everywhere in Norway, the cost of wines is extremely high in restaurants.

The waiter was smart and knowledgeable about the food and explained to us which piece was what.

I wouldn't advise this restaurant to people who are not willing to pay!.. If you want to get a more reasonable meal, go somewhere else but you won't get the same quality.

And if we would come back here again, the answer is… probably!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank TravellerMan72
Denver, Colorado
“Delicious sushi and good atmosphere!”
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

The salmon was delicious! I ordered the white menu option, and my husband ordered the red. Plenty of food and great selection of sushi. The wine was good and beer reasonably priced (68nok). Also enjoyed the fried banana dessert! Great sushi and overall really wonderful evening!

Visited November 2013
Oslo, Norway
“Expensive and mediocre”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My two friends each had a sushi platter, witch was ok, but can easily be bought at under half price in other sushi places. Average food. Since I'm not too fond of raw fish, I ordered a maki platter. To my suprise these makis contained raw salmon, and I only ate one. My friends, tasted them too, and none of them liked the strange-tasting mix. I bought a glass of white vine with my food. The vine was nice, but I didn't even get half a glass (average sice glasses), and for that I paid 120,- NOK -seriously?
The desserts where just as big a disappointment with a green banana in uncooked dough (banana fritter).
Steer away and spend your money (half of it too) elsewhere!

• Visited October 2013
woking, United Kingdom
“AWESOME food”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The food is really great , best food in OSlo, but teh price matches ( quite ezxpensive) That said you nmust visit and i will be back...there is nothing on the menu i woudl not recomend, (ive been there 3-4 times)

Visited November 2013