“The food here is great, their service isn't.”

Sudoest Asian Crossover
Ranked #93 of 1,440 Restaurants in Oslo
Price range: US$30 - US$72
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to SudOest Asian Crossover Sudoest Asian Crossover welcomes you to a evening of delight. Our dedicated waiters and chefs ensures a travel in European and Asian culinary culture crossed with each other. All the way through our Signature cocktails to the Asian crossover dishes we will ensure a pleasant evening. Our guests who like staying up late are welcome to Sudoest Cocktails & Street food, our club concept. Welcome!
Oslo, Norway
“The food here is great, their service isn't.”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

It's a long time since i've experienced this bad service. This place is very popular, but they don't have enough experienced waiting staff to handle it the pressure. We were a big table of 12 people and were infact worn in advance that there might be a few problems. That is fine, however they messed up absolutley everything. It was actually impressive how much they screwed up. I first noticed that service might not be top-notch when my friend who sat beside me got her maincourse(she didn't order a starter) before I got my starter. It turned out she wasn't the only one so people complained. The waiter explained that it was easier for her to do it this way. I beg your pardon? Then problems started for me. I waited and waited, and complained, and waited some more. Then finally my main course arrived. Wait! What happend to my starter? The waitress asked if I could forgive her. I said yes if I could get my starter after the main course. We agreed on it. 60 seconds later another waiter came with my starter. He looked troubled since he couldn't find a place to put the starter in front of me since I didn't have any room due to my main course being in the frigging way. He just placed it in front of someone in out party who had finished his meal. Brilliant. When I had finished my main + starter 4 people on our table hadn't gotten their main yet.

The food was very good and it is a nice restaurant, especially the outdoor seating. But when the service is downright aweful it really doesn't matter. I'd go here when there were few people, the problem is it's always packed because of their outdoor seating.

• Visited May 2014

• Finnish first
Hvalstad
“Excellent for dining outside at late summer evenings!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Since weather was nice and shiny, we decided to go for the outside seating. Good choice! The menu has a great vairity of Asian dishes. The food was nicely prepared and tasty. The wine recommended by the waiter turned out to be an excellent choice.
Great food, nice service, quite and green outside area along the Akerselva! We will be back for more!!

Karlstad, Sweden
“Great Place”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Good food, good service and reasonably priced for Oslo. Location in the summer months is perfect. Spring (and I'm guessing Autmn) you can also eat out on the large terrace as they have a great patio heating system. Large retractable marquee roof will also keep light rain off.

• Visited May 2014
Oslo, Norway
“Great Asian crossover - superb bartenders”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Very good Asian Crossover, top-class bartenders that'll make you anything.

The night club isn't all that though, not very popular either. It
is more of a chill out lounge than night club if you ask me. But great bartenders.

Visited January 2014
Wellen, Belgium
“Delicous cocktails - great food”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I liked this place.... The cocktails are jummy. I had the Ernande'z: "Beefeater gin, Joseph Cartron Apricot Brandy, fresh passion fruit, lime juice and simple syrup. A few steady shakes before we strain it into an Angostura Bitter coated cocktail glass. A slice of passion fruit will swim on the surface." mmm and sipped on the Dirty Amish (Their own version of the Gothenburg long drink: Kinky Amanda. Absolut Vodka, Joseph Catron fraise de Boise, simple syrup, lemon juice and homemade strawberry pure. Shaken with purpose, and then strained into a highball glass coated with Green Chartreuse. Topped off with a bit of soda." another mmm.
We had the Yang menu at 455 NOK pp. In my opinion not expensive in light of Norwegian prices and actually at par with what you would expect in Belgium for example. Nice food, nicely presented, good mix of tastes and a nice dessert. Was not too fond of the crazy duck with pancakes, but guess that dish as such is not to my taste, nothing to do with the quality.
Nice ambiance and setting, next to the water and the taxistand is at 20 m.

• Visited March 2014