“Positively surprised”

Thon Hotel Tonsberg Brygge (Brygga)
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Tonsberg
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This is a charming and well kept hotel on the quay side. Nice clean rooms, very good breakfast and helpful staff. The location is one of the best things about this place, and everything you need is within walking distance. There are some very good restaurants further down the quay. The service minded and helpful staff in the reception and breakfast area will also get a star in my book.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Arnt78
Marianneteien, General Manager at Thon Hotel Tonsberg Brygge (Brygga), responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback! We appreciate that you are satisfied with both the location, cleanliness and service in restaurant and reception! Welcome back to Thon Hotel Brygga the next time you visit Tønsberg!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed two nights in February of 2014 to attend a wedding. Rooms were comfortable and very clean, although the decor is a little outdated. The breakfast each morning was included in the price of our room, which was nice and they had a great selection. We especially lliked that there was always coffee or tea available for guests in the lobby and the location was right on the water, so the view was good.

The staff was very helpful and friendly, and the hotel is less than a ten minute walk to the train station.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Tønsberg.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Marianne6730, Manager at Thon Hotel Tonsberg Brygge (Brygga), responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you very much for your nice review. I am glad that you enjoyed both breakfast, coffee and our nice location, and especially glad that you found our staff helpful and friendly! Welcome back to Thon Hotel Brygga next time you visit our beautiful city!

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I have spent many weeks over the course of two and a half years staying in this hotel. I came to regard it as my home from home. The staff were always very friendly, and helpful, there was always a welcoming smile as I returned from a long hard days work. The rooms, although not that big, were clean and warm and quiet. The bed never failed to provide a good nights rest. The hotel restuarant always provided a fine dining experience with excellent cuisine and attentive service. If I had to make a negative comment, it would have to be that the beer was as expensive as the parking, but hey, thats Norway for you! But what the hell , the company was paying….
Location on the Brygga was good for accessing the town and other local attractions. I loved watching the dancing on the pier in the summer. Although I have not visited Tonsberg for over a year now, when I do come back, you can bet your life, I will be staying here. To all the staff I would like to say "Thanks guys for making my very busy time in Norway enjoyable". Tony Y

Room Tip: Top floor is nice and quiet (lots of people on the jetty in the summer) with good views into the Har...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Marianne6730, General Manager at Thon Hotel Tonsberg Brygge (Brygga), responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Hello Tony! Thank you very much for your nice review. It is nice to see that you are still thinking of us! Hope to see you again either during a work trip or as a tourist! Wish you the very best!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Spent two nights at Thon Hotel Brygga. The hotel itself was nice and the staff were very helpful. We really enjoyed the complementary coffee and cake in the lobby (five to seven).

The bed was very comfortable and I really enjoyed that the bed came with one soft and one hard pillow.

The parking was very expensive, I paid almost 220,- NOK each night.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Marianne6730, Manager at Thon Hotel Tonsberg Brygge (Brygga), responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thank you for your resonse! I am glad that you enjoyed your stayt at our hotel and that you appreciated both our staff, the bed and the afternoon coffee especially. Regarding the prices on the municipal parking outside, we apologize, but unfortunately there is nothing the hotel can do! Welcome back the next time you visite Tønsberg.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I had two days at Thon Bryggen.
The welcome was nice, the receptionit did what he could to help me with my wishes.
The rooms are not that good, they could need a upgrade.
Conference facilities was ok.
Lunsj was actually very good, and breakfast also tasted:)
Minus for expensive parking outside, schould have some kind of arrangement.
Big pluss for the location in the middle of "brygga" in Tønsberg.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Marianne6730, Manager at Thon Hotel Tonsberg Brygge (Brygga), responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you for your review! We have tried to get an arangement with the parking company, but with no luck. I am glad that you enjoyed the meals in our restaurant! Welcome back next time you visit Tønsberg!

Reviewed 8 June 2013

Good location. I can imagine it to be perfect on a nice summerday, with all the outdoor seatings and tourists crowding the board walk.
The hotel is clean and the breakfast is complete and fresh.
But the rooms are smaller than you would expect for the rate.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Marianne6730, Manager at Thon Hotel Tonsberg Brygge (Brygga), responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Thank you for your response! Hope you enjoyed your stay in Tønsberg!? We appreciate that you liked the location, cleaning and our breakfast and welcome you back the next time you visit our beautiful city!

Reviewed 4 March 2013

The hotel staff was very pleasing and helpful all the time. Rooms were excellent and clean. Location I would not say pretty scenic but just on the banks of a river. Has got free wifi. Very near to train station, shopping mall and other restaurant. Breakfast buffet is complimentary and it was nice except for the same dishes everyday. Dinner was also excellent especially the cod. We tried all kinds of food as we stayed almost a week. Over all I would rate this hotel very good to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Marianne6730, Manager at Thon Hotel Tonsberg Brygge (Brygga), responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Thank you for your nice feedback. We particularly appreciate the fact that you enjoyed the food, cleaning and our staff! Welcome back the next time you visit Tønsberg!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tonsberg
Quality Hotel Tonsberg
#1 of 1 in Asgardstrand
Scandic Park Sandefjord
Scandic Park Sandefjord
#2 of 5 in Sandefjord

Been to Thon Hotel Tonsberg Brygge (Brygga)? Share your experiences!