“Chocolate fondant to die for”
Review of Koks Brasserie - CLOSED

Koks Brasserie
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This is a very cosy brasserie, situated along the beautiful Telemark Canal in Skien. Warm and welcoming atmosphere, and very nice food. They had a special nenu this week with food from the woods, game and so on, seemed very tempting but a little too much for me at that occasion.
So I settled for a superb fillet of deer, with potato gratin and mushrooms among other goodies. The dessert was the best chocolate fondant I have ever had, together with ice cream and berries. I will certainly go there again, if I come to Skien another time.

1  Thank Lesvacances2011

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Visited this restaurant few times during my works around Skien, was a nice food and the place itself was great, I liked the terrace with view to the river. Overall the service and the quality were good and I would like to go back here if next time I will be in Skien again

3  Thank Nohero_23
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Having heard of this restaurant several times from my colleagues, I've decided to give it a little bit of a visit with my best friend. It's directly below Jacob and Gabriel (reviewed seperately), and features both internal and external seating. The external seating also features heaters for the not so hot days, as well as a fence high enough to block the wind. While we did not sit inside, we did note that it had a very clean and well decorated interior. The exterior also gave us a great view of the "waterfront" of Skien, where we enjoyed a really relaxing and peaceful evening.

Our waiter spoke very good English and the menus were bilingual, making it very easy to read and understand. The menu had one major flaw - and that was that it had too many good things to choose from :D

We both had the same appetiser (Shrimp in Garlic butter) and I had a very delicious Filet Don Francisco while my friend had an enjoyable Pasta Venezia. The portions aren't huge, which meant we had room for desert, and we enjoyed the Tirimisu and Creme Brule respectively.

Service was good, the food was prepared and brought to us in excellent time, and the waiter was very attentive to our needs.

1  Thank LesterClayton
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Koks Brasserie is a place it is not hard to recommend. They have a good menu, and a decent wine list. The service is also good, and in the summer time they have a nice terrace with a scenic view of the river.

The restaurant is places in the city center, close to the river - in the best spot in the city. They do not try to be gourmet, but do serve food well above the normal. The restaurant itself is placed in an old building, with rustic interior - and everything is really clean and nice.

All in all, a place well worth visiting.

1  Thank Kent S
Reviewed 11 October 2011

I have eaten here two nights in a row and the food has been superb. Both of the starters and both tenderloins were cooked perfectly with a medly of flavors to component each. The wine list was quite choicefull and the service was attentive and lead to a very positive experience. I would go back in a heart beat.