“Budget Hotel”

Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Kristiansand
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Budget Hotel”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Me and wife was there friday 04.07 for one night. Was greeted at reception by two polite boys.
A little too much noise and loud music at night.
Alot of young people that night. Was going too Denmark in the morning.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hayemaker E
Rasmus M, General Manager at Budget Hotel Kristiansand, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Hello Hayemaker E,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I am happy to see you were satisfied with the service during your stay. As to the noise: during your stay we had a music festival downtown, and this naturally brings both people and loud music. I still hope we get to greet you once again, preferably during a less noisy stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bryne, Norway
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This hotel has just what you need at a very low price, as long as you know what you can expect at this price: a nice bed, towel, your own bathroom and wifi. The personnel was helpful, pleasant and polite. It is located right at the city centre, next door to the train station, but I didn´t experience any disturbing noise during my stay, except from the hallway early in the evening (It wash´t a problem. I just thought I should mention it). I think I´ll probably stay here often when I´m in Kristiansand just because I appreciate the place so much.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Anne E
Rasmus M, General Manager at Budget Hotel Kristiansand, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Hello Anne E.

Thank you very much for your great review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and that you intend to come back when in Kristiansand again. I am looking forward to your next visit!
Tonsberg, Norway
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I was staying at Budget hotel from 28th to 29th of April, one night. It was unexpected that I had to make the bed on arrival. I knew there was no breakfast service in advance, I think the price is expensive compared to other hotels. +++ The hotel has a large car park (fee public parking), a few minutes walk to the city center Markens gate, bus and train station. Hotel is centrally located in Kristiansand.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Rasmus M, General Manager at Budget Hotel Kristiansand, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Hello Pål K.

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. In response to your comment I would like to point out that we try our best to communicate our product through every channel. Both our website and external booking channels therefore contain information about our hotel and our routines to avoid surprises. I hope we can welcome you back next time you are in town.

Thank you again for taking the time to comment!
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Budget Hotel Kristiansand maybe looks strange and you could think that it might be loud because it is situated next to the railway. But it is not true. It is quiet. Me and my colleague stayed there for two nights. Everything was perfect! Staff is very helpful The only thing I missed (or maybe did not saw) is a coffee machine, specially when you need to leave early when everything is closed. Other than that I would recommend Budget Hostel Kristiansand if you happen to stay in this "super small town" (direct words from the receptionist).

Room Tip: I think any room would be good, because Hotel is very small
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Rasmus M, General Manager at Budget Hotel Kristiansand, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Hello Maija,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write an informative review. We truly appreciate the feedback. I hope we get a chance to welcome you back if you visit Kristiansand again.
Asker, Norway
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Short distance to the ferry,
Very good service at checkin.
No problem to sleep both for me and my partner.
No restaurant, but not needed as we had a dinner with some friends in private.
Will not hesitate to book here next time I need.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Sigmund,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We would love to welcome you back to Budget Hotel Kristiansand the next time you are in town. We hope to see you again soon.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel is clean and warm. I'm not sure if I'd stretch to comfortable. Located in a car park at the top end of a small town the location is fine for most things but it's not really 'close' to much?? Further more you do have to pay to stay in the car park!

In all honesty it may be one of the worst value hostels I've ever stayed in however the alternative accommodation is even more outrageous!

It is at least clean...

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Rasmus M, General Manager at Budget Hotel Kristiansand, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Michael T!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am truly sorry that it did not meet your expectations. We take pride in being a cheap, clean and efficient hotel with great emphasis on service. I believe we offer great value for money compared to our competitors in the area. We are, however, a budget hotel, and therefore lack some of the amenities of more expensive alternative accommodation.

Again - thank you for your response. I hope we get the chance to welcome you back the next time you are in Kristiansand!

Travellers are raving about these Kristiansand hotels

Opava, Czech Republic
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We used this hotel for 1 night stay in Kristiansand before our morning ferry trip to Denmark. At the reception we were given all instruction how to proceed with early morning check-out and about late night entry to the hotel. We have been already informed before that we would have to make up our bed in hotel room, so it wasn't surprise at all. Our hotel room was equiped with double bed, shower/toillet and that was all what we needed. Hotel is close to ferry terminals and you can easily walk to the centre of town in 10 minutes. Car parking is possible for fee on the public parking lot in the front of the hotel and it doesn't cost too much. This hotel is very usefull for short stays, don't expect too much - it is much more something like motel constructed from converted containers. Good value for money.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Rasmus M, General Manager at Budget Hotel Kristiansand, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for your kind and informative review of our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!