“Budget Hotel...”

Budget Hotel Kristiansand
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Kristiansand
“Budget Hotel...”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Basically, the name says it all ! That small budget hotel installed in containers near the ferry terminal is worth its price but not much more ! It was ok for two nights but this is not a place I would consider for longer stays...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Arnaud T
Rasmus M, General Manager at Budget Hotel Kristiansand, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Hello Arnaud T,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that you were satisfied with the price. We feel that we offer good value compared to the rest of the area. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Upon arrival you had to put on your own sheets on the bed
We booked a room for 4 people- a family room. It was tiny. The four of us could not move around in the room at the same time. Someone had to sit down on the bed for the others to be able to move.
Didn’t expect luxury for 1000 nok, but did expect more than this. Shabby and would never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank shwk
Hello shwk,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am very sorry to hear that our establishment did not meet your expectations. Information about our routines and facilities are available at our website and are also sent to you by email when you make a reservation. To avoid unpleasant surprises I would recommend reading this information beforehand, and we will try to make this even clearer in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback!

Travellers are raving about these Kristiansand hotels

Aylesford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2014

During my recent motorcycle trip around Scandinavia, I stayed here for two nights. Only yards from the ferry terminal, and walking distance from the town centre, it was just about perfect. No breakfast of course but that was no problem, the small room was just right with a comfy, clean bed, and en suite facilities. Motorbike parked just outside the front door. Kristiansand, by the way, is a pretty and quiet town, just right for chilling out after days or riding from Northern France.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank PaulNa
Rasmus M, General Manager at Budget Hotel Kristiansand, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Hello PaulNa,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am happy to read that you were satisfied with our facilities. I hope your motorcycle trip around Scandinavia was as good as it sounds, and that you come back to us soon!
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Me and wife was there friday 04.07 for one night. Was greeted at reception by two polite boys.
A little too much noise and loud music at night.
Alot of young people that night. Was going too Denmark in the morning.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hayemaker E
Hello Hayemaker E,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I am happy to see you were satisfied with the service during your stay. As to the noise: during your stay we had a music festival downtown, and this naturally brings both people and loud music. I still hope we get to greet you once again, preferably during a less noisy stay.
Bryne, Norway
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This hotel has just what you need at a very low price, as long as you know what you can expect at this price: a nice bed, towel, your own bathroom and wifi. The personnel was helpful, pleasant and polite. It is located right at the city centre, next door to the train station, but I didn´t experience any disturbing noise during my stay, except from the hallway early in the evening (It wash´t a problem. I just thought I should mention it). I think I´ll probably stay here often when I´m in Kristiansand just because I appreciate the place so much.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Anne E
Rasmus M, General Manager at Budget Hotel Kristiansand, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Hello Anne E.

Thank you very much for your great review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and that you intend to come back when in Kristiansand again. I am looking forward to your next visit!
Tonsberg, Norway
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I was staying at Budget hotel from 28th to 29th of April, one night. It was unexpected that I had to make the bed on arrival. I knew there was no breakfast service in advance, I think the price is expensive compared to other hotels. +++ The hotel has a large car park (fee public parking), a few minutes walk to the city center Markens gate, bus and train station. Hotel is centrally located in Kristiansand.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Rasmus M, General Manager at Budget Hotel Kristiansand, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Hello Pål K.

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. In response to your comment I would like to point out that we try our best to communicate our product through every channel. Both our website and external booking channels therefore contain information about our hotel and our routines to avoid surprises. I hope we can welcome you back next time you are in town.

Thank you again for taking the time to comment!
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Budget Hotel Kristiansand maybe looks strange and you could think that it might be loud because it is situated next to the railway. But it is not true. It is quiet. Me and my colleague stayed there for two nights. Everything was perfect! Staff is very helpful The only thing I missed (or maybe did not saw) is a coffee machine, specially when you need to leave early when everything is closed. Other than that I would recommend Budget Hostel Kristiansand if you happen to stay in this "super small town" (direct words from the receptionist).

Room Tip: I think any room would be good, because Hotel is very small