Yess! Hotel Kristiansand
Dyreparken Hotell(Kristiansand)
US$215
Abra Havn(Kristiansand)
US$203
Kristiansand Feriesenter Dvergsnestangen(Kristiansand)(Great Value!)
US$110
  • Beachfront
Skottevik Feriesenter(Kristiansand)
US$148
  • Pool
All reviewsbudget hoteltrundle bedferry terminalone nightrooms are smallwarm breadideal locationno frillsfree wifipolite staffrecommend this hotelbigger roomyogurttown centrekey cardcomfortable roomother hotels
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I spent the night here on a businesstrip. It was totally good value!
I needed a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. The room was not large, but just enough. I got a bed and a shower. It was quiet and a realy good bed.
The breakfast was at the upper level of hotel breakfasts I have had.
I would realy recommend this hotell to all others just wanting a nights stay.

Room Tip: The small single bed rooms are quite small, but the bed is large and comfortable. Good value!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Svenn S
Reviewed 6 October 2013

A small room which is cramped for more than one person, but adequate with no frills. Fine for an overnight stop.

Breakfast was okay, plentiful but not as good as other stops during our trip.

The service was pleasant, friendly and efficient. And there was car parking available in the private courtyard, which is necessary because there wasn't much free parking on the streets.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This was the second no-frills hotel we booked for our trip based primarily on price, as well as location and reviews. Depending on your needs, I think no frills is the way to go when traveling to a scenic destination. You get a room, and pay for anything extra you might need (e.g. No room cleaning during your stay), but with a no-frills room, you aren't inclined to dawdle in the room when you could be out seeing the sights.
The location of the hotel is next to a grocery, and only a few steps from Markensgate, which leads to the harbor area. Kristiansand isn't that big, and the harbor is probably a leisurely ten-minute walk from the hotel.
The hotel lobby was clean and basic, with a small breakfast area for sitting and talking at other times of the day. The clerk, May-Rita, was friendly, professional and helpful. We were checked in quickly, and soon found our room.
The room was small and basic, with a bathroom that was possibly the tiniest we saw on our trip. The real oddity was the bed - a single, bunked over a double, which contained a trundle bed! The trundle bed contained extra bedding, but we otherwise kept it shut so we could have floor space. The whole thing was sheet metal construction The upper bunk was reached by a movable ladder which made quite a racket when I accidentally kicked it loose. Worse, the occupant of the upper had to remain almost perfectly still during the night to avoid making the bunk squeak loudly. Not really a detriment to the room as much as an entertainment - since I wasn't in the upper!
Breakfast was a nice buffet of Norwegian standards with some novel dishes.
Altogether, this wasn't a bad place for a night or two.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel is generally pretty quiet. I don't know about the back.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Maybe it was because I hadn't seen a bed in a long time (Seattle to Amsterdam to Oslo and then train to Kristiansand), but the Yess hotel did not disappoint. One reviewer noted the hotel had "all the charm of an Ikea showroom." I loved that comment, and it was then I knew the hotel might be basic yet comfortable. I was most concerned about our reception. After all, this was our first hotel in Norway...ever. Looking back after two weeks traveling in Norway, I wish all of my hotels had been the Yess. They had very friendly and helpful staff, it was a good sleep, the rooms were comfortable and clean, and we enjoyed a good quality breakfast. Believe all of the good things mentioned in other reviews; they're right. I don't know about 'negatives' as there were none for us.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Torbjørn O, General Manager at Yess! Hotel Kristiansand, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Hello!

Thank you for your wonderful review and nice pictures.

I hope you had a great time in Norway, and if two weeks wasn't enough, you are more than welcome back to us!

Reviewed 26 June 2013

This is a very basic and minimal hotel, located 5 minutes, by car from the ferries. Because of its location, it is not a pretty area/street, but fine and absolutely convenient for access to the ferries to Denmark. The staff were extremely helpful, courteous and kind! We were four adults, staying two to a room, but the rates were low enough that we took two triple rooms, which gave us lots of space. In each room, there were two twin beds pushed together on one wall, and on the other wall were bunk beds. There was a table and two metal/plastic chairs. All very neat and clean. One room's bathroom was quite a bit larger than the other room's, but even the smaller one was fine, especially for one night. There is parking in the rear, for a fee. One of our group had sprained an ankle, so instead of going out to dinner, we bought food in the large grocery store a couple of doors down and ate in the rooms. A basic but good breakfast opens early so that making an early ferry is easy. It is a great value.

Room Tip: Even though we were there only one night, we enjoyed having the triple room size.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends