Clarion Hotel Ernst
Sjoglott Hotel(Kristiansand)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Q42(Kristiansand)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnice hotelomeletfantastic breakfastfree weightsnorwegian hotelslate checkbreakfast buffetcentral locationroom facingnice roomreception areatrain stationfamily roomparkingnorwaysaunaminibar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Aircondisjon system and doors that do not close completely results in poor unpleasant noise / whistling.
Noisy, poor soundproofing. all walking in koridorer and TV `s in the neighboring room was disturbing / sounds very well.
No information in advance to indicate that the room is located in the "Atrium" and can not be opened for access to "fresh" air.
Fire alarm (error) woke us in the middle of the night.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
1  Thank trond f
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I stayed there for a weekend in July. Booking was hard because I had a gift card I wanted to use and it said I could book directly to the hotel but they wouldn`t hear of it. Finally I found the right person at the customer service and he helped me. Check in was easy and receptionist very nice an efficient. Room was not very nice... small and in to the atrium. Bathroom was nice with plenty of room. Breakfast was great! (Except the egg and bacon that felt like rubber “thing” with a soft or coal piece of bacon on it) Chokolatemilk for breakfast! Fantastic! Lots of fruit and organic food. All in all: It should have been fantastic but room was just ok.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Eliassen, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Ernst, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2011

Dear guest!

Thank you so much for your response. This is what makes us better. Regarding the rooms; we will from 1st of October get 64 new and bigger rooms, and I hope that we can offer you one of these when you come back.

Yours sincerrely
Mikael Eliassen

Reviewed 15 July 2011

This is the best hotell in town! Amazing service from the crew and spesialy the employe of the year. Exelent breakfast, and nice romm with balcony, but be aware of the noice from the street below.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
Eliassen, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Ernst, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2011

Thank you for the review on your stay.

We will keep on delivering good service for our guests also in the future, and I hope that we will see you as our guest again.

Reviewed 1 July 2011

The hotel stands out of a crowd and the welcome from the night shift was perfect. The room with a nice soft bed and quiet. Only problem was a cleening lady knocking on the door every 30 min from 8 in the morning and we checked in at 2 in the morning... Breakfast was a nice experience also. I will stay at the hotel at a later time

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2011

From the moment my wife and I arrived we were impressed with everything about the hotel. The staff were most helpful and courteous. Their English was impeccable. The housekeeping lady was vietnamese and a delightful person. Whilst there, it was my wifes birthday and when we returned from our day out we were astonished, but delighted, to find a large dish of sliced fresh fruit with the compliments of the hotel. This is a hotel I would have no hesitation of visiting again and recommending it as a gem.
The room we had was large, if a little on the dark side. It did not have an outlook but how much time do you spend in your room? The bathroom was very modern and spotlessly clean. The breakfast was substantial but the hot food could have been a little warmer.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room not overlooing the atrium
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple