Radisson Blu Caledonien Hotel, Kristiansand
Sjoglott Hotel(Kristiansand)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Q42(Kristiansand)
View Hotel
All reviewspiano barbath tubelarge tvother hotelsclean roomsferriesconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I found the facilities at the Radisson Blue Caledonien Hotel to be quite satisfactory. Parking is easy, although I chose to use the Parko multi-storey car park, as stay is unlimited and you pay as you go. In the car park in front of the hotel there was a mandatory check-out after 48 hours. The food remains excellent at this hotel, as does the service at the restaurant and bars. The breakfast buffet is extensive and varied. The standard of the room was satisfactory. Some of the furniture showed signs of wear and tear, but the room was large. As for the size of the bed, I am 1.93 cm tall (6' 4") and it was long (and wide) enough for me. Among some minor faults was that the shower head could not be adjusted as it could not be tightened. The A/C did not work but I had no trouble opening a window. The location of the hotel is excellent. Access is easy. Whatever you wish to do in Kristiansand, it is but a few steps away, close proximity to the seafront and Fisherman's Pier being a personal favourite.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
patrickadolfsen, Sales Manager at Radisson Blu Caledonien Hotel, Kristiansand, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Harald K,

Thank you so much for your nice review. I am so glad to read that you found our service, food and central location convenient.
I can also see that we have something to work on to be even better, and I am glad you highlighted that so I can forward it to our technical department.

On behalf of everyone here at Radisson Blu Caledonien Hotel, welcome back.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We had a family room. Spacious and clean. Very quiet inside the hotel, but the container yard is the nearest neighbour and they are working LATE. A lot of noise from the outside of the hotel.

The beds are nice, friendly and helpful staff and the location is very central.

Two cons: The noisy neighbour and the temperature in the room.

All in all a ok hotell at a ok price.

Room Tip: Not facing the container yard! Noisy until late night.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Stavanger99.
Thank you for writing a review after your stay with us.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed our new beds, and our service.
Unfortunately our central location nearby the harbour and port of Kristiansand can involve some noise from time to time.
I am really sorry for that.
We have rooms that are facing the other direction, with less noise.

I hope that we can welcome you back when your travels brings you to Kristiansand in the future.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Clean, Nice staff and good location, but old. paid 115eur and well Worth it for 1 night and breakfast. Brasserie a little bit expensive. Nice view over sea. Easy to find, parking very expensive. Perfect for children

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
patrickadolfsen, Sales Manager at Radisson Blu Caledonien Hotel, Kristiansand, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Eivind S,
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review after your stay with us.
We are glad to read that you enjoyed our service.

I hope that we can welcome you back to us when you visit Kristiansand again in the future.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I'm not sure if you actually get a great value for money. But location is perfect, and the rooms are decent. - very old though, and an upgrade needed!
Bus from airport stop at the hotel.

+ Location
+ Bed
+ Clean

- Breakfast
- Noisy ventilation system

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Trusetyven,
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review after your stay with us.
I regret to read that you don't felt you got value for your money.
We work hard every day to exceed our guests expectations and will actively use your review to make sure we can do this in the future.

I hope to see you again when your travels brings you to Kristiansand in the future.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

To stay at the Radisson Blu Caledonien gives you value for the Money, and you are staying just Close to the Fish markets and many restaurants nearby.A friendly staff. The breakfest at this hotel could not be better, and the rooms are all Nice and cleaned very well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Vidar S,
Thank you so much for your nice review.
I am so glad to read that you enjoyed our service, breakfast and location.

I look forward to welcome you back in the future.