“Great location and great owner”
Review of Sjoglott Hotel

Sjoglott Hotel
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Kristiansand
New York City, New York
“Great location and great owner”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Had a great experience at the Sjoglott Hotel in Kristiansand. Rooms are cozy but efficiently designed, the hotel is in a great location in the heart of town, and the owner went above and beyond when he let us do two loads of laundry immediately on our arrival. The hotel also has a nice courtyard that is a great place to unwind with a book, fast WiFi, and complimentary coffee and waffles at night. Thanks for having us!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Lillehammer, Norway
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I slept there for one night. I had a room in the backyard, calm og quiet. The owner was very friendly and helpful. Free waffle, fruit, caffe and tea in the evening. Lovely after a walk in the rain.I had a small clean room.
This is a bed and breakfast with charm, in an old townhouse. Nice breakfast too. It is located in the center of town. I will stay there again, and can recommend this hotel if you look for something with charm. For the summertime it is a nice backyard there.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank EvMe
Saumur
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I slept 2 nights in this hotel, with some work to be done in my room . I am really satisfied, as it is almost every time with Booking.com selections.
The hotel is calm, tiny and clean. Your are like having your small home in the city with a basic and correct accomodation. The beakfast included is really correct, with choice and good meals.
The shops, restaurants and bars are at 10 minutes by foot.The seaside is just close for a walk.
The net connection is efficient. The place to work with notepad is corrent.
It is not High Luxury, but it is really ok. And if you have any doubt, just look at the prices around.
If I come back to Kristiansand, this hotel will be my first choice.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 23 December 2012

We booked this hotel for an overnight stay at Kristiansand. The instructions given when booking the hotel stated that we had to arrive before 7pm, which we did at 6pm. We couldn't get into the door in the dead of winter, the pincode given to us during the booking didn't work. After calling up a few times we were given the correct pincode and got in.
As for the breakfast, we had to leave at 6.30am and was given basic ham and cheese sandwiches plus packet juices, which we didn't touch and left.
I woke up about 3 times overnight, with people speaking while moving their cars on the road, cars driving by, people's footsteps coming back to the hotel. There are alot of spare bunks and beds in the room, you could actually have 5 people sleeping in there! Very good if you want to save money. Facilities wise, they provide dispenser soap and hairdryer. Location is good, 5mins walk to centrum.

Room Tip: Choose higher floors. We were at 2nd floor and could hear cars driving by and people talking loudly...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nicholaa
Tromso, Norway
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I was a bit scared of staying in Sjøgløtt after I read the reviews on here, but it's fine. Clean, reasonably priced, friendly, great location, decent breakfast. No complaints.
I liked the fact that it was in an old characterful townhouse and run by locals, rather than a faceless chain hotel. They've some great ideas for squeezing people into rooms, with fold-down beds and crazily shaped rooms. But it's en suite, and I was on my own, so had plenty of space.
Like anywhere, they can't control the noise of their guests. I always have earplugs in my bag and put them in regardless, so I didn't hear a thing all night. Would rather wear earplugs than be woken up.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business