“Overall a very good restaurant”
Review of Egon Restaurant

Egon Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 140 Restaurants in Kristiansand
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This restaurant is a little different. You get menus when you`re seated and then you order at the bar. I ordered a Egon Premium burger and it was excellent. Crispy potatochips with a delicious juicy burger. The girls are cute and very serviceminded. Felt very comfortable being there. It is a little dark inside but that just adds up to a romantic evening. Recommended!

Reviewed 23 August 2013

This place is an American theme restaurant, serving burgers, steaks, pizzas etc. We were staying at the Scandic, so ended up using it a couple of times. We had steak sandwiches one day- which were pretty good, and takeaway thin-crust pizza another night, which were also pretty good (they gave us them in massive take-away pizza boxes, so we were a bit let down to find out they were just dinner plate size). Service was good (though, unusually, you have order at the bar and pay up-front). Also: has free wifi, with login details on the receipt.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Fair to middling just about covers it. Menu is mainly "American" but no side dishes. Quality is nothing out of the ordinary. It is Nandos style order at the counter so service consists of being served your food. Most items are average price but there are several cheaper items on the menu. Atmosphere is a bit flat with musak playing in the background. There are plenty of alternatives nearby.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

I wanted to experiment and try something quite different, but unfortunately my son did not. So as he knows what they serve at Egons (the chain offers everywhere the same food), he wanted to go there. As a good parent I decided to follow his wishes :)

The service and food was okay on this lovely summer day in Kristiansand, but the salad I got with my baked potato had too much white (you know, the inside of the iceberg salad) - not very delicious in my opinion. My son ordered fish and the meny promised garlic dressing and got only sour cream. Funny how small details can change a boy's opinion about the food.

But as always, we were satisfied when we left the restaurant. But the next time I want to taste something else when I visit Kristiansand!

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Whenever i am in a city that has Egon i have to go there because the steaks you get melts in your mouth. Everybody should experience this.