“Amazing Indian restaurant”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Mother India in Kristiansand is probably the best indian restaurant there is. I have been around tasting the Indian cuisine for years and I always return to Sarita and Raj i Kristiansand. So why do I always return? I guess it has to do with the atmosphere, spices , the flavors and not to forget their kindness and warmth. There is one thing though that is a huge difference to other indian restaurants in London. They serve tandoori dishes with a selection of vegetables. For me this completes the tandoori dish as an norwegian. And I miss this when having Indian in London. For me I will always compare any Indian meal with my experience at Mother India i Kristiansand. So far Sarita still remains as my favorite chef.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

This is maybe the best indian food I have ever tasted. Nice basement with good atmosphere, Don't miss this if you visit Kristiansand.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Beautiful Indian restaurant, traditionally decorated with friendly staff and exellent food cooked to your taste (Different spice levels). I love coming here.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

For local standards, Mother India is a nice restaurant in Kristiansand, and each time I was there (twice last year, and again tonight) it was packed. It has a nice atmosphere, and the service is very friendly and rather effective. With regard to food, it is an OK restaurant, compared to the largely mainland European Indian restaurants I know, but certainly not better than average. I do appreciate even average Indian food, but all in all the blend of spices, both in my raita and in the dal was rather bland, and also in the garlic nan one could not easily taste the garlic. But perhaps this restaurant is not really into the fine art of blending spices with different kinds of dishes, since one offers every dish in a six star range, ranging from pepper-less to utterly extremely hot.

1  Thank Eibert
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Great selection of very tasty food and the restaurant is very cozy.
Good value compared to other restaurants in Kristiansand.
The staff is great and very service minded. However, sometimes when the restaurant is very packed it can be difficult to get the waiters' attention.
If you are 5-7 people for a special occasion or similar, I recommend to book a table at the big tables at the end of the restaurant, that is a really cozy big and more private corner.