Scandic Rock City
  • Breakfast included
Jegtvolden Fjordhotel(Inderoy Municipality)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsfree parkingexcellent serviceeggshigh qualitygreat hotellarge roomwater frontmy opinionbaconfjordnorwayrockreceptionthemerestaurantcitycinema
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Fine rom, inspirert av lokale rockere, Nydelig mat i restauranten som har en vakker utsikt. Avslappende sted å være!
The hotel i located near by Rock City which is the national center for pop and rock in Norway.
Excellent breakfast, also the dinner of todays fish was very good, - and the relaxing view from the restaurant make the meals special!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Namsos is a typical small Norwegian town located quite far away from everything. Probably not a place which takes your breath away, but their new hotel, the "Rica Rock" does. I have stayed there at 3 different occasions in september, october and november, and really think they have deserved to receive another good Tripadvisor review; and this time from me.
For some reason a lot of famous Norwegian rockmusicians and bands originate from Namsos city, and this reflects the name of the hotel and it's decorations in quite a funny way I think, The building next to the hotel, and actually connected to it I think, is the cultural center with a cinema and a rock museum. Last time I stayed there I had some spare time and took the opportunity to watch Skyfall in the Cinema "next door".
During my three stays at this brand new hotel I have always been welcomed in a very friendly, personal and professional way in the reception. I have stayed in three diffferent rooms, all very high quality and with different decorations and shapes. The bathrooms are very nice and clean, and you get your own little soap bar and shampoo and conditioner bottles and not only the dispenser stuff. Twice I have had rooms with a view over the fjord and the city, and at this time of the year to wake up by the soft light from the sunrise is just spectacular. The beds are excellent (I have not had the "guitar shaped" one so far, but I guess that type is as good as the others). There is no noise in this part of the city and you sleep like a rock.
The superb breakfast which is included needs to be mentioned. When you have experienced the breakfast some times, you have no problems with getting out of the bed in the morning, because you know there are a lot of delicious small temptations waiting for you in the restaurant. Here you find small dishes with fresh fruit, all kinds of fish dishes, bacon, ham scrambled egg, fried eggs, cakes etc etc, and to my great joy, there has always been something new to "discover". I have also had dinner at the hotel restaurant two times, and can warmly recommend it.
If you happen to drive the highway 17 and need to make an overnight stop in this area or just need a hotel room in Namsos, the Rica Rock Hotel is a very comfortable experience which I strongly recommend.

Room Tip: The higher floors. View over the fjord, or even better; the corner suites facing the city and the fjord.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank thehuldt
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Celebrating a birthday, we brought 20 friends and family to dinner at the hotel restaurant. We did not sleep at the hotel.
Service was swift and friendly, food was good and prices were reasonable.
Beautiful view of the fjord from the restaurant, as the whole hotel is in the best possible location of town.
Interiors and design are completely and 100 per cent in line with the local rock theme.
I would come back, and next time, I'll spend the night.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Norwegians don't really market their travel services well and this Rica Hotel was the only spot I could find for my trip up the north coast. Turns out there are lots of Hytter campground cabins available on hwy 17 but I'm glad I spent the extra money and experienced the Rock City Hotel. The place is dedicated to Norwegian Rock music. It's plush and comfortable with a very slick style. Breakfast was the best I had in Norway as well. Loved our room's mural of a giant smoking rose. In a country that seems almost obsessed with being bland, the Rock City hotel was a nice change of pace.

Room Tip: Each room is a little different, you may have a specific band room you wish to book.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Don't be frightened by the locals' description of guitar shaped beds and extreme rock and roll decor. There really isn't much along those lines. Our room had a picture of a guitar imbedded in the desk top, nothing else. And it was a large room by Norway standards with a huge bathroom. It's a new hotel so everything works and is extremely clean. The staff is great and even found a place to store our bikes overnight. The breakfast buffet is better then average. And the location is good; on the waterfront, on a fairly quiet street, beside a very nice residential neighborhood and just a few minutes walk to the centre of town.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple