“Excellent place for enjoying a few beers”
Review of Den Gode Nabo - CLOSED

Den Gode Nabo
Price range: US$15 - US$22
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Den Gode Nabo is a place where it is possible to have a conversation, even if the atmosphere may be a bit noisy at times. An informal pub where you also can get a good meal.
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Den Gode Nabo can boast an impressive selection of beers, including lots from small Norwegian breweries. If you're not afraid of paying 15-20 euros for some quality beer, this is most certainly worth a visit. The staff is also more than capable of and willing to guide you in your selection of brew.

The interior of the place is nice, just as dingy as a good pub should be, but at the same time welcoming. Den Gode Nabo is also remarkably crowded at all times during the week, due to its good relationship with the various student organizations of Trondheim. The food ranges from outright mediocre to decent, but should not play a bigger part than as merely something to chew alongside the beer.

1  Thank norwegian000

Reviewed 21 January 2013

I went to 'Den Gode Nabo' with a large group of people from a student organisation. The agreement was that everybody would have a 'pizza buffet', NOK 68, and choose drinks on their own. It turned out that 'buffet' meant that all 10 tables consistently would be served insufficient numbers of pizzas for the approximately two hours we were at the place; my girlfriend had two and a half slices of pizza, I had four slices, and I think others had even less. Furthermore, the quality of the pizzas we did receive was appalling - most likely it was simply ready-made pizzas from the nearest supermarket.
The service, then, was just as awful. The teenagers who worked there clearly felt uncomfortable with the situation, and they did not manage to pay any attention to us customers at all. It felt as if they specifically tried not to get in eye contact with us. Moreover, I am impressed that when a group of 10 tables books a place, you do not even put something as elementary as water, plates, or cutlery on the tables - we had to eat the pizzas (that we did not really see much of) from our napkins.
I certainly will not go again, not just for a beer either. With service as inexperienced and poor as this, there are so many other places at Bakkelandet one can opt for. This one, though, is atrocious.

5  Thank HP G
Reviewed 15 December 2012

I have been at this pub several times to drink beer, and have been satisfied with that. Today four friends and me decided to eat, and ordered burgers. The burgers were cold, and tasted nothing. The meat looked like the frozen type you buy in supermarkets, and tasted cardboard. I am not a great cook, but I swear I can make a burger much much better than this. I paid 139 NOK for the burger, and I am shocked that they even dare to sell this kind of food.

Reviewed 27 November 2012

Very original place with slanting walls and low ceiling. Popular! Good selection of beer (pricey however), and updated staff who help you choose the right one. Recommended!

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Had the nachos and quite a few beers. Nachos were good and the beer was awesome. Perfect place. Cozy and a wide selection of excellent beers.
It's just the sort of thing you expect when you go down a small stair case to get in. Old style, but cozy.

1  Thank Trond B