“Really nice place”

Cuisines: Norwegian, Scandinavian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2012

The food we've got was really good, the atmosphere and the service. We even got free dessert for my friends birthday! :)

There are newer reviews for Fem Bord

Reviewed 18 April 2012

Having read a lot of good reviews of Fem Bord we were eager to try it out, and I now dare claim this is the best high-end restaurant in Trondheim. They have a slight "modernist" approach to their dishes, mixing classic and more unexpected flavours very successfully. They also have a very good wine selection.
The most memorable dish was probably the dill ice cream with cucumber and meringue.

1  Thank Pål L
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Been to Fem Bord a few times now, and the first visit was the best experience.

The atmosphere and the interior of the place is very good. Five tables, all with a nice view to the cooking area where the cehfs prepare the food. Even the waitor is wearing a kitchen uniform, strengthening the feeling of closeness to the kitchen.

The staff seems genuinely interested in what they are doing and the wellbeing of their customers, and the service is very good. For me the problem lies in the food. It seems that they are stuck on making things look stunning and nice up to the point that they forget that this in fact is a meal. I've been to seven (or eight) course meals here and left hungry. (And a bit tipsy due to drinking the paired wine with too little food.)

Also the courses vary from (in my taste) nothing special to spectacular. Som of the best food I've had in a long, long time I've had here. Had they not charged premium plus, I'd accepted that and voted this a decent value, but being uneven as they are and charging more than any other restaurant in town, I give them a four out of five.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

This is a very pleasant restaurant with yes 5 tables! Service was acceptable but to be honest confusing. The menu had great potential but it lacked that little extra in most areas, it felt as though 2nd class ingredients had been used. It was very expensive compared to other restaurants in the city.

1  Thank RaezoR57
Reviewed 30 August 2011

They managed to combine the food and the wine perfect! And the service was excellent. Very good food with different new flavours, that we had never tasted before. And we dine out a lot! Thats a bonus treat for us. We recomend this restaurant for people who are looking for a new and intimate experience. They only actually have five tables!

1  Thank AmidalaNorway