“Perfect for a short stay”

City Living Scholler Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Trondheim
Reviewed 31 October 2012

For a cheap no-frills stay in a city, this hotel is perfect. I like when I get what I pay for – in this case, I got a clean room to sleep in (albeit a little cold) and wifi. That's all I needed, and that's what I got, for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 10 August 2012

I really liked this hotel: location, comfort, price are all excellent. The hotel is basic, but that is what I wanted. I was very happy in my room on the 4th floor -- it was reasonably spacious and quite comfortable. The staff were nice and helpful, and the surroundings of the hotel are very pleasant. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Booked this hotel as a cheaper option to the hotel booked by our conference.
Great location near to shops and bars.
Room quite basic, but very clean and well appointed.
Best thing were the staff who were SO helpful, whether it was directions, Internet access or local information. They helped with providing late checkout too.
Could have done with blackout curtains given that it stayed light all night in June...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 January 2012

This hotel looks a bit like a hostel when comming in the lobby, or in the room. The beds are nevertheless very, very nice and the staff is friendly. The rooms look like they haven't had much maintenance, but are clean.
All in all a good hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I booked this hotel online based on location and price and we were needing a three person room. First thing to say is that the staff at this hotel were really great. They tried what they could to make the situation better. We were staying at the hotel due to treatments at the hospital the next day so it was communicated that we would like a quiet room. When we first checked into our room it appeared to be not the most clean room but we just accepted that due to the price. When we started using the facilities such as the bathroom we saw just how dirty the place was. Slops on the walls, hair in bathroom, unidentified slops on bathroom door, bedding was stained, floor was sticky and filthy. We called down to reception and explained the situation. The night reception man C was very accomodating and friendly. He tried his best to suggest he would clean the room but we just wanted a new one. There were none available. In the end we ended up getting sheets and more sheets to cover all of the floor and the beds so we could create a "sterile" cover to sleep on and walk on. I am not exaggerating either......it was that dirty. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that not all the rooms were as bad as ours. The staff said that the room would be shut down after our stay and cleaned. I hope so for the next person who will stay in room 417. We were given a few dollars off our room but in my mind we should have been refunded totally and invited back another time on the house!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank can-nor
Reviewed 16 July 2011

I chose to stay at the City Living Scholler Hotel for five nights, as an alternative to the hotels offered by the conference I was attending, which costed at least 250USD a night each.
The room was fairly small but nicely equipped with a desk, a flat TV, a fairly large closet and a decent bathroom. The one thing I didn't know about before reserving was that THERE IS NO ROOM CLEANING SERVICE (well, only once a week). I was a little surprised at first, but ended up appreciating the fact that I didn't have to hide all of my valuables every morning.
In that sense, this hotel is more like a residence. It has FREE LAUNDRY SERVICE on every floor. Staff was friendly and helped me find some good place to eat.
The Hotel is very very conveniently located half a block from the major bus stop (that takes you to the university, for instance), and only a few blocks away from any attraction.
I'd recommend this place to students and young travelers who are willing to put up with making their bed and cleaning their own rooms every day.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank alemenchaca
Reviewed 9 November 2010

This hotel is good alternative for youth on a budget. Nice clean rooms, some with small kitchens. No minibar, no breakfast. We found it comfy that we could leave the room knowing that it would not be cleaned before we checked out. Not recommended for couples and people with luxury needs.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business