Scandic Bakklandet
Priceline
US$153
US$129
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Hotel Trondheim(Trondheim)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$113
Priceline
US$102
US$99
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe riversecond stopbuffet stylenice hotelscandic chainspacious bathroomairport express buscentrally located hotelgreat breakfastcity centrei highly recommend this hotelnice roomwithin easy walking distancebreakfast servicefavorite hotelfifth floorpancakes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed in this great hotel for 4 nights & it was our best stay in Norway. From the moment we arrived & asked about the weather the next day to when we left to fly to Bergen the staff went above & beyond. The rooms were the perfect size & we loved the bathrooms! The breakfasts were the best we had in all of Norway & we were in a lot of places. In fact this was our favorite hotel in Norway. We loved the location & walked everywhere. We loved all of the recommendations, especially the local restaurants. I cannot say enough about the Rica Bakklandet Hotel. We would love to be frequent guests!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Bakklandet Hotel has many good reviews, but I was disappointed. The breakfast was good, but serving the same dried out cheese several days in a row, makes me suspect that they are resting on their laurels.

The room was spacious and clean, but dark and with absolutely no view. The window only opened a couple of inches, and looking out, all you could see was other hotel room windows only a couple of metres away.

The staff wasn't very friendly. I stayed during one of the busiest periods of the year, but that's no excuse for treating all guests as a nuisance.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with an actual view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Stuntsopran
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed at Rica Bakklandet between 22-23 October. The location is just amazing, walking distance to the old town. The room size is average, as the most of the European Hotels.
Bed is comfortable, the bathroom has the necassary amenities. My rooms was at the 6th floor, facing to the harbour, sunrise was exceptionally beautiful. Please wake up and try to catch the sunrise just from the in front of the Hotel.
The bedfast was one of the best among the other European.
The bar is so nice to have a drink.
My only comment can be that they did't have an umberalla available at the lobby, please make sure to have one.
Rica is much more than i expected. Highly recommend you to stay and enjoy during your trip to Trondheim.

Room Tip: Ask if they an available room at the upper floors, with a harbour view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

+ Nice room, decent size and modern interior
+ Good bed
+ Breakfast had something for everyone
+ Decent location

- The bathroom was poorly cleaned (especially the floor in the shower and the toilet)

Overall: easily a 4/5 if cleaned properly, but only a 3/5 from me this time

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Oslolosen
Reviewed 13 October 2013

A chain hotel that doesn't feel like a chain. That might have something to do with the Scandanavian-only brand (Rica), but as soon as I walked this felt intimate and cosy.

The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly (stored my bags for the day after getting in early from the Hurtigruten), helped with airport bus information and were always attentive.

Location very good - 10 minutes from the station; airport bus-stop right outside (be warned, Trondheim airport is a long way!); City centre 5 minutes walk (so away from the noise). Room was a good size, very clean and all amenities including coffee/tea; free WiFi; different pillows on offer.

Breakfast (free in my rate) was staggering, the choice was simply mind-blowing and beautifully presented. If I hadn't had a plane to catch, I could have grazed for hours! Only thing missing was a fresh omelette.

First time in a Rica hotel and will continue to book with them where I can after this experience - outstanding!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple