“Hotel with perfect location.”

Quality Hotel Augustin
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Trondheim
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Last week I stayed in Quality Hotel Augustin. Our week included meeting at the community office, trip to Munkholmen, parade and 100 other things you do when you are visiting a new place with students. Teachers had the luxury to stay in the hotel for the whole period and we chose this one.

It has the perfect location for everything - flybus stops in front of the hotel, regular busses too, to the city centre is 50 m and to the cathedral 300m or something like that. Our Norwegian teachers organised all our morning meetings in front of our hotel because it was a good start for every direction.

About the food which I absolutely love. There is too much food :) and it is all well cooked and served. Unfortunately we had a small mishap with one of dinners but it was rectified quickly.

Personel is friendly and helpful with exellent command of English. And yu can get a cup of tea or coffee anytime you like with no extra cost.

With my roommate we found one problem with the hotel - at night all the aircon units or air-air heating systems outside the hotel make so much noise that it makes falling a sleep sometimes quite difficult.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Stig L, General Manager at Quality Hotel Augustin, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Hi Kadri B
Thank you for your review.
We at Quality Hotel Augustin are glad you liked it.
We will be happy to welcome you back in the next journey to Trondheim, take care.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Stayed here for two nights. The hotel is just about average. My single room was a bit narrow, but large enough for me. The bed was good and the wi-fi worked well without any problems, apart from the fact that you will need a new password (provided at the reception or by phone) every day. Breakfast - nice area, not to many hot dishes, otherwise good. There were som road work taking place outside which interrupted electricity supplies the first night (this was announced beforehand by the reception). On the afternoon the second day, there was no hot water from the shower. It worked a few hours later. I thought my room was a bit too hot, so I kept a window open. Traffic outside did cause some disturbance, but I slept reasonably well.

The hotel is 100 yards from the main square in downtown Trondheim, buses passes just outside the door. The main nightlife area is about a 5-10 minutes walk away.

On arrival, there was no towel in the bathroom, and an empty shampoo bottle was left in the shower by the previus guest without being removed. Towels arrived however within two minutes after I called the reception.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Hi Arvehj
Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Second time here in a year.

As you look at it from the road, the rooms in left side of the building have been modernised, the right side has not. My room on the left last year was modern in an Ikea way, this year I was on the right side but the room doesn't feel tired and is clean. Still, if you like parquet flooring and your furniture with clean, Scandinavian lines, ask for a room on the left side.

Staff are friendly and efficient, internet is fast and reliable, breakfast is plentiful, it's right in the middle of town, the airport bus stops just across the road.

Room Tip: Room 342 is at the right side of the building, toward the back. Very quiet
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Stig L, General Manager at Quality Hotel Augustin, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Dear ASInglis

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We hope you enjoyed yor stay in Trondheim
and wish you welcome back to stay with us on your next visit.

Best Rgds
Stig Ludvigsen

Reviewed 14 January 2013

The staff was very helpful and friendly. Rooms were clean. There was an awful smell in the stairways and halls, clearly in need of renovation. Aircondition in the rooms were poorly, and we woke up in the middle of the night feeling like we were in a sauna. When we opened the windows, we were unable to close them again in the morning. Poor aircondition and problems with the windows were the same in all three roomes we and our friends booked.

Due to asthma we booked an allergy friendly room. Would not recommend this hotel to people with allergies/asthma due to nonexistent aircondition.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Stig L, General Manager at Quality Hotel Augustin, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Thank you very much for your nice review!
We will check out the aircondition.
I really hope to seeing you again at our hotel.
Best regards Stig Ludvigsen

Reviewed 2 January 2013

I travel a lot across Northern Europe - and when in Trondheim, I say at the Augustin. It's in the middle of town thus easy to get to/from, with plenty of nice eating places withing a couple of minutes walk. The morning breakfast is free and of good quality. I love the eggs. The service is friendly and sincere. Some of the rooms could use a bit of a refurb but the beds are comfortable, the showers are plenty hot and the rooms quiet - and the wireless is free. There are now several good places to eat in the area - you can get money-off coupons from reception. Eld just across the street is my favourite restaurant in Trondheim and even better with a discount. All in all, the Augustin is a decent hotel at a good price with great service. Oddly enough, as I was writing this review, I got mail confirming my next visit to Trondheim and my next stay at the Augustin.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Tfl1
E A, Revenue Mngr. at Quality Hotel Augustin, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2013

Dear Tfl1,

Thank you so much for your generous review! We are very glad you choose to stay with us in Trondheim, and to see that you are coming back soon. I use the oppurtunity to wish you a happy and prosperous 2013!

Best rgds.
Eivind Askeland, on behalf of Stig Ludvigsen (General Manager).

Reviewed 6 November 2012

I stayed for one night and found this hotel to be a perfectly located hotel, in the middle of town, easy walks to everything and the bus from the airport stops right outside. Friendly,personal and service minded staff. Very nice lobby and good rooms. Breakfast was ok. I was also pleased with the free wifi, And coffee and tea available in the lobby..

Room Tip: I upgraded for 200 to a bigger room which had its own seating area and a very comfortable bed
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ryan E
Stig L, General Manager at Quality Hotel Augustin, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

Thank you mr. RyanE for your review.
We at Quality Hotel Augustin are glad you liked it.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

I stayed two nights at Augustin for business. The hotel is recently being renovated, with workers making totally new doors etc. This means a lot of noise (drills!) at certain times of the day (until ca. 5pm). I don't know how long it is going to take place, so perhaps best to inform in advance. When I was there (last week), the work was going on on the 2nd floor.
That means that one of the wings has new rooms, with new furnitures and spotless bathrooms, while the rooms in the other wing are more dated.
Also, beware of single rooms. This hotel is in an old renovated building, so there are also single rooms and these can be very tiny indeed.
The double rooms also vary in size. There are larger ones ('normal', I would say, nothing really big,but acceptable) and really very small ones, with the double bed touching the wall on one side - not really comfortable for two people having some luggage.
The difference in price between the single and double room was very small, so if you are a claustrophobic, or simply don't like spending time in a monk's cell, pay for a double.

The breakfast was included and the choice was all right, with good bread (different types: white and full grain), nice muesli selection, sweet yoghurt, some warm stuff (eggs, ham, etc.) and fruits. Coffee was from a machine (I would not advice Italians to try it), and there was a choice of tea. Breakfast times were convenient, from 7.00 till 10.00, very generous. Breakfast area was spacious and never got too crowded, not even when there were many hotel guests.

A nice touch was a constant supply of tea (bags and hot water) and coffee in the hotel lobby.
The lobby itself was small but rather pleasant, with a sitting area.
The location was perfect, in the centre of town, but quiet (is it ever not quiet in Trondheim???).

The bed was comfortable, even if perhaps a bit soft for me. The temperature was all right (however some rooms, on one side of the building were very hot, other's rather cold, but perhaps it could be changed). The quilts were nice and warm and fluffy. The bathroom smallish but adequate, with hand shower. There was no complementary water bottle in the room, but one can drink tap water in Trondheim. Wi-fi worked ok (I don't know whether it is always included in the price). The code for the wi-fi was available at the reception desk.

The reception staff gave me a mixed feelings. Not exactly impolite but not very welcoming either. You may wait a long time to check-in or out as there is often just one person at the reception desk, that seems to do all the reservations as well, because she was constantly on the phone (totally ignoring the row of people). After waiting 20 minutes when finally I reached the desk, the girl simply gave me the key, but without explaining where the room was or anything like that. No asking if I need a city map. Nothing more than the necessary.

The airport bus stops at the front of the hotel, which is very convenient.

All in all, if you choose the right room, don't need to work in your room during day (the drills!!!), and don't expect reception service of a Sofitel, I guess it's all right.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Stig L, General Manager at Quality Hotel Augustin, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

Dear Priya777,
Many thanks for your thorough review. Your meanings are important to us, and give us an opportunity to improve our product. I am glad to inform that the refurbishing is now finished, and the inconveniences due to the works are no longer an issue. I am also glad to inform you that WiFi is always complimentary when staying with us.