“Excellent hotel in the heart of Trondheim”
Review of Britannia Hotel

Britannia Hotel
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Trondheim
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Had an excellent weekend at Britannia hotel. Spacious familyrooms, a fantastic SPA and very nice breakfastbuffet. Great localisation in the middle of Trondheim.

Room Tip: Artist rooms are very spacious!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Britannia Hotel M, Front Office Manager at Britannia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for your compliments on our family rooms, the breakfast buffet and the spa. We are delighted that you had an enjoyable weekend at Britannia. Welcome back to Trondheim and the Britannia Hotel.
Kind regards

A TripAdvisor Member
Trondheim
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Good service, excellent food, wery central location, beautiful room. We loved everything, except for the extra bed, it was wery hard.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Had to travel to Trondheim on short notice for a business trip, and because of this I had to bring my family with me. The hotel offered both my family and I an pleasant stay. When I was at meetings during the day, my wife and kid enjoyed the hotel's nice spa and swimming area - and at night time we could go out the door directly to the downtown streets for a nice family dinner in one of the city's noumerous restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Britannia Hotel M, Front Office Manager at Britannia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for your kind feedback. We are glad you and your familiy enjoyed your stay at Britannia Hotel. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 22 March 2012

Already when entering the lobby you get the feeling that you've come to stay - and never want to leave! The staff are very serviceminded and makes you feel like you're THE special guest! Very smooth checkin, and after taking one of the elevators to my floor, I easily find my room. I find the room pretty excellent actually, very high under the ceiling, All the standards, and a bath robe & slippers I can use if I want to take the elevator STRAIGHT down to the SPA! (Which I can enter for FREE since I'm living at the hotel.) Pools, saunas, relaxing rooms, ice cold pool, foot bath... ALL FOR FREE!! Imagine sitting/lying in one of the pools, relaxing with your wine - ALL day if you want :-)

My room also had a bath tub and a shower, flat screen TV of course and a very good big double bed. When entering the room I noticed that the room next door (the door was open) housed a couple of noisy kids - but as soon as I shut the door, I didn't hear them at all!!

I was going to one of the town's disco's - and since the hotel is in the center of the town, I didn't even have to think of calling a cab. When coming back to the hotel I entered my room, and didn't hear a sound from the disco right above the street. After a good nights sleep, I feel like a king at the breakfast buffet. I was told I could get my breakfast served at the room if I didn't want to get up so early, but I chose to try the buffet - and LOVED IT!

I have tried all kinds of hotels in this city, but now I've found my home!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Britannia Hotel M, General Manager at Britannia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Dear Guest,
thank you for you feedback and constructive comments, I very much look forward seeing you again on your next trip to Trondheim,
kind regards

Reviewed 13 March 2012

Good points: Rooms are very spacious ; location, being very central; SPA center with nice sauna jacuzzi pools and different saunas!
Less positive points: breakfast room a little bit rundown; the breakfast was ok but not a 5* hotel buffet; not many newspapers/magazine in other languages other than Norvegian.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2012

This hotel is only my choice in Trondheim when no one else is available.
Need to be refurbished. Stylish outside. old fashioned and how it can be a 5 star I do not know

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank geirNorway22
Reviewed 8 March 2012

What makes this hotel magical is the history you can smell when entering the lobby and the modern luxury you can touch and feel. Its also amazing how the staff is trained to pay attention to the details. Maybe best of all, the location - right in very heart of this historical city, just a stone cast to everything.

Your stay is not complete at this property with having experienced the Spa and their restaurants.

I hope this hotel keeps it's identity for generations to come.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. If they have one they would propably give you it for free or just for a few buck...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business