“Etnic discrimination at hotel!”

Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Trondheim
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Stayed 09/10.10.2012. When I had check-in time at reception, I presented polish ID-card which is in Norway on the same level like passport, receptionist asked me about my passport. She was very ugly that I had not passport - only polish ID-card. She done copy of my ID-card and blocked my credit card in case of emergency (I think mini-bar). She said that this is normal procedure, but I saw at another people had not copied passports and ID. I felt like robber, thief. I have lived in Norway 2,5 year and It was first time that my polish ID was not OK and first time that I have blocked my credit card. Unfortunately it was first time I felt like man from third world! In my opinion it was ETNIC DISCRIMINATION!!! Mateusz W.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Mateusz W
Stig H, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Dear Mateusz W,

First of all- thank you for staying at Clarion Hotel Trondheim and for taking the time to give us feedback.
We have some procedures we have to do when we check in people who is not a Norwegian citizen; ask for the guests passport and take a copy of it. That is because we have to fax it to the police. (External Form). We also need to register the credit card upon arrival, room rate + 10 %.

We're sorry that you feel discriminated! And hope to see you again at Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim.

Best regards, Stig Hillestad, GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,377)

Reviewed 4 October 2012

Stayed there for one week in August. The hotel seems to have a rather posh image, but the quality of rooms and service are only moderate. 10-15 minutes walk from the city centre. When arriving after 11PM, the only possible meal was a shrimp sandwich. Minibar not refilled during my stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Stig H, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Dear Explorist,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for writing a review. In the end of this month we will get a bridge from the hotel area and to the Central station in Trondheim, then it will just take some minutes walk to city center.

Hope to see you again at Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim

Reviewed 30 September 2012

Stayed for 3 days for a conference. Quirky hotel but good service and excellent breakfast. Has no recreational facilities but you can pay to use excellent pool and gym next door. Main problem was the size of the room - which was too small and compared poorly with the Radisson Blu Garden hotel where I also stayed. Hotel is a little way from main town.

Room Tip: Check how big a room they are giving you when you book
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Stig H, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Dear Peter S,

Thank you for your stay at Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim, and thank you for writing this review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast, the food at the hotel is very important for us. When it comes to the rooms, our standard room is 17 sqm. We have different categories, so we will love to help if the guest wants a bigger room.

Welcome back!

Best regard, Stig Hillestad, GM

Reviewed 26 September 2012

I stayed there 2 days/nights on a conference. Very good conference rooms; from the very small to a very large on(Cosmos). The last one we had a mutual dinner with show; in total approx. 730 persons on 73 tables.
That worked very,very good.
The breakfast; very good.
Lunch and dinners....well, well it depends on"what you pay,is what you get". Not too good. I must admit.
The room; nice,clean,a comfortable bed; at least for me.

Hi jørgen K,

Thank you for staying at Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim and for giving us this nice feedback. We are happy to hear that your conference went well- we have a lot of talented and service minded staff that works hard for making the best events for our guests.

Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 24 September 2012

This a beautiful new hotel, but!!! the room was so small we could'nt open our suitcase unless on top of bed. Only place to store closed was infront of the exit door. We felt as though we were in small cabin of a cruise ship. Smallest room of all hotels travelling Scandinavia.

Room Tip: ask to check size of room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Stig H, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Dear Tourist.

Thank you for staying at Clarion Hotel Trondheim, and thank you for giving us feedback. I am glad you liked the hotel. When it comes to the room, we have different sizes for different prices, but we will try our best to help if you or another guest find anything uncomfterble with your stay.

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 22 September 2012

I had a great experience while I was there at a party with my job. Much space for everyone to feel comfortable in, great service from the employees and good arrangement from the staff handling our big party. Somethings could have been done better, but with almost 1000 people drinking beer it can also be a challenge for the staff! If you are going to the hotel, be sure to walk by the reception and talk to a guy named Erik if you need anything or have some problems and need help. He can fix ANYTHING!! I did not stay at the hotel, but I got the chance to see some of the rooms they got. Some where really small and some where really big. I would love to bring my wife for a night at the hotel to stay at one of those big rooms. The bar at the top floor had a fantastic view. If I could, I would book the whole bar as my hotelroom!

Room Tip: According to my colleagues who was staying at the hotel, you should ask for a deluxeroom. They where...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Stig H, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Dear norwegiantraveler01,

Thank you for your visit and for taking the time to write this nice review!
I am glad that you are happy with the service and hotel during the event with 1000 people.

Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 18 September 2012

This rather new hotel has a cheap design, and the surroundings are not so charming. Tiny rooms and you can't open the windows. On the plus side is the food, the breakfast and lunch buffets are delicious!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Stig H, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

Hi Landstryker,

Thank you for staying at Clarion Hotel Trondheim, and for taking the time to give us feedback. I am sorry that you did not like the design of the hotel, but glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and lunch buffets!
Welcome back to Clarion Trondheim!

Best Regards Stig Hillestad, GM