Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Scandic Nidelven(Trondheim)
1,393 results
All reviewssky bartop floorrock museumrooftop restaurantexcellent breakfastcity centreamazing hotelnice viewmodern hotelcruise shiptrain stationbusiness and pleasureomeletbreakfast and lunchfew minutes walkrooms are nicebusiness trip
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Stayed here during a Nordic congress. Even though the response to the previous reviewer stated that the passports by non-Norwegian citizens are copied, no-one asked for my passport (I'm Finnish). The breakfast was good, and prepared from mostly organic incredients. The lunch and dinner were also delicious. On the first evening I ordered a shrimp sandwich from the bar downstairs. The shrimps were fresh and delicious, not frozen as they usually are. The room was small, but there was a kettle with free coffee and tea bags. I went swimming to the nearby Pierbaden, and bought the ticket from the hotel reception.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Stig H, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Hi Rippe39,

Thank you for staying at Clarion Hotel Trondheim and for taking the time to write this feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our organic breakfast and lunch. The food is important for the hotel experience and something we care a lot about.

Welcome back!

Reviewed 10 October 2012

Stayed 09/10.10.2012. When I had check-in time at reception, I presented polish ID-card which is in Norway on the same level like passport, receptionist asked me about my passport. She was very ugly that I had not passport - only polish ID-card. She done copy of my ID-card and blocked my credit card in case of emergency (I think mini-bar). She said that this is normal procedure, but I saw at another people had not copied passports and ID. I felt like robber, thief. I have lived in Norway 2,5 year and It was first time that my polish ID was not OK and first time that I have blocked my credit card. Unfortunately it was first time I felt like man from third world! In my opinion it was ETNIC DISCRIMINATION!!! Mateusz W.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Mateusz W
Stig H, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Dear Mateusz W,

First of all- thank you for staying at Clarion Hotel Trondheim and for taking the time to give us feedback.
We have some procedures we have to do when we check in people who is not a Norwegian citizen; ask for the guests passport and take a copy of it. That is because we have to fax it to the police. (External Form). We also need to register the credit card upon arrival, room rate + 10 %.

We're sorry that you feel discriminated! And hope to see you again at Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim.

Best regards, Stig Hillestad, GM

Reviewed 4 October 2012

Stayed there for one week in August. The hotel seems to have a rather posh image, but the quality of rooms and service are only moderate. 10-15 minutes walk from the city centre. When arriving after 11PM, the only possible meal was a shrimp sandwich. Minibar not refilled during my stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Stig H, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Dear Explorist,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for writing a review. In the end of this month we will get a bridge from the hotel area and to the Central station in Trondheim, then it will just take some minutes walk to city center.

Hope to see you again at Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim

Reviewed 30 September 2012

Stayed for 3 days for a conference. Quirky hotel but good service and excellent breakfast. Has no recreational facilities but you can pay to use excellent pool and gym next door. Main problem was the size of the room - which was too small and compared poorly with the Radisson Blu Garden hotel where I also stayed. Hotel is a little way from main town.

Room Tip: Check how big a room they are giving you when you book
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Stig H, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Dear Peter S,

Thank you for your stay at Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim, and thank you for writing this review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast, the food at the hotel is very important for us. When it comes to the rooms, our standard room is 17 sqm. We have different categories, so we will love to help if the guest wants a bigger room.

Welcome back!

Best regard, Stig Hillestad, GM

Reviewed 26 September 2012

I stayed there 2 days/nights on a conference. Very good conference rooms; from the very small to a very large on(Cosmos). The last one we had a mutual dinner with show; in total approx. 730 persons on 73 tables.
That worked very,very good.
The breakfast; very good.
Lunch and dinners....well, well it depends on"what you pay,is what you get". Not too good. I must admit.
The room; nice,clean,a comfortable bed; at least for me.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Hi jørgen K,

Thank you for staying at Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim and for giving us this nice feedback. We are happy to hear that your conference went well- we have a lot of talented and service minded staff that works hard for making the best events for our guests.

Hope to see you again!