“Our Little Secret Place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brattetaule Farm Guesthouse

Brattetaule Farm Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hordaland
Brattetaule Farm Guesthouse
Ranked #23 of 66 Hordaland B&B and Inns
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Our Little Secret Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

We have just returned from Brattetaule Farm Guesthouse again. A real tonic for getting away from it all and just relaxing. It is our fifth stay there having experienced the autumn, winter and spring as well as last summer.
The Keightley family have made us very welcome each time and Hilde is a trained chef serving both traditiional Norwegian as well as British favourites.
The views are quite simply stunning. We have hired a canoe from them to explore the fjord as well as a motor boat to go fishing. As complete novices we even managed to catch mackeral and 8 & 10lb cod which the owners then cooked for us.
Being on the fjord reminded us of the film 'On Golden Pond', absolutely idyllic. We have also hired out bicycles from them and have walked quite extensively. Bergen has some interesting architecture and shops although clothes and drinks are quite expensive compared to the UK. However, the owners do know and advise you where to shop if so required.
We have recommended this place to numerous friends and family who just wanted a different type of break. We have always flown with Norwegian as they sometimes have incredibly good deals.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Families
Business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2010

I went to Brattetaule Farm first in the summer of 2008 and I fell in love with the place. The owner's motto is: "Strangers arrive, friends depart" and I feel this could not be more true. I was made to feel welcome for the moment I set foot there. I sub subsequently revisited the place in 2009 and stayed for a longer period. I have given the Guesthouse 5/5 for everything and I feel I should explain why:

Firstly the cleanliness - upon arrival my room (the yellow room in 08, and the green room in 09) was spotless, and my linen and towels were perfectly clean too. Along with this, the rest of the house was always kept clean and tidy.

Location - AMAZING. Sitting on the hillside overlooking a fjord with a mountain range in the background, my morning view was like nothing else - living in London this was a great treat for me. Along with this I was a short drive from Bergen (about 40mins) but most importantly I was close to the mountains, where I chose to spend some time walking. There is also a smaller town nearby in case you need to just get a few bits.

Rooms - both of the rooms that I stayed in were nicely decorated and comfortable. There was also suitable measures in place in case of a fire, such as a ladder from the first floor if you needed to exit through the window.

Service - the owners were very polite and friendly. The husband is English and the wife is Norwegian, but both are fluent in each language and so communicating was no problem. This was also advantageous for me because they could translate things into English and help me to learn a few words to get around.

Value - some areas in Norway seem costly but don't let this put you off going - little gems like this Guesthouse make your pound (or NOK) go much further. The food I had cooked for me was delicious and with the vast range of facilities and activities (hiring a canoe to explore the fjords, going fishing in a boat with an engine - with a huge amount of fish to catch, being able to go walking in hills or mountains) made this the perfect holiday - hence why I returned when I could the next summer!

Sleep quality - I had a nice room and a comfortable bed with no distractions during the night.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo