“Great Local Cuisine”

Price range: US$25 - US$250
Cuisines: French, Scandinavian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: It is a pleasure for us to welcome you to To Kokker. We present a menu combing traditional Norwegian cousine with an added special touch. Fresh Norwegian produce of superior quality. Based on well-known recipes, we have sought to provide that little extra that will make the meal experience like no other. Bon appetite!
Katy, Texas, Usa
“Great Local Cuisine”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Group of 10 easily accommodated. Most of us had the 5 course prix fis menu. Excellent proportion size, great flavor. Atmosphere was excellent.

• Visited February 2014

Houston, Texas
“Nice but expensive”
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is very old and all made from wood. The atmosphere is great. The service and the 6 dish menu which we had was great! The elk tastes amazing.

Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands
“Very nice food in a nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Was with a group of 5 people and the atmosphere was very nice for a business dinner. Not too much noise although it was full. Fish and meat dishes were really tasty and I was told that it was genuine Norwegian food which I foubt as there are influences from the French and Italian cuisine.
When taken the menu the prices are not really cheap but rather expensive but the taste and very good service makes it you forget. Also the wine is expensive so beware and do not drink it like water! All in all a very nice restaurant which I recommend when in Bergen.

• Visited June 2013
Huntington Beach, California
“Wonderful Food In A Very Classy Setting”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

For my one meal in Bergen, while transiting from a cruise to a flight, I chose this restaurant. Wonderful food, excellent service, upstairs in an old building at the end of an alley. I had a beef dish, very pricey, excellent presentation. Lovely décor!

• Visited October 2013
Rochester, New York
2,035 restaurant reviews
“Wonderful restaurant down a back alley in Bergen!”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I loved loved loved this place! It was located down a back alley, and then up a flight of stairs into an ancient building in historic Bergen. The owner told us that the building itself was over 300 years old, and that most of it was original. It was gorgeous, all painted in a dark rose hue with Impressionistic paintings framed on the walls. We felt like we'd been transported back in time!

For my meal, I had a roast duck with a lovely apple conserve sauce, which was served along with roasted asparagus and potatoes. Wow...great! My vegetarian daughter has problems finding something on the menu, so they said "Of course we can make a nice salad dinner for here," which they did.

This restaurant was expensive, but well worth the price. I would love to return some day if ever back in this charming town.

• Visited August 2013