All reviews first floor newly renovated hotel hotel experience lobby bar our room was spacious bergen city breakfast buffet few minutes walk salmon great breakfast within walking distance yogurt fish market iron hammocks reception shampoo
Reviewed 27 November 2018 via mobile

We booked a table for Saturday night at hotel Norge a couple of days in advance. I recommend doing this if you want to eat there in the weekends, because there’s a lot of entertainment and people
The services was excellent and the food was delicious.
The restaurant in the hotel was soooo cool, but the music and DJ was a bit off.... hope they change this, then everything will be top notch.
Like I said, the food was good but the vegetarian options was not so good ...
and I loved the atmosphere. Definitely a place to eat when in bergen

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
HotelNorgeByScandic, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Norge by Scandic, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Hotel Norge by Scandic! We are pleased to hear that you were happy with the service you received, and that you loved the food and atmosphere. Our DJs vary, so the music may vary as well.
Hope to see you again soon!

Maren and the rest of the Hotel Norge team

Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at most of the Bergen Hotels over the last years. Hotel Norge reopened in June 2018 and after significant modification become the very best hotel in town by far. But unfortunately also on the expensive side. The level of quality details is amazing. I will recommend spending a few euro more and upgrade to a room with a view of the park. The location cannot be better, you step out the door and you are in the hart of everything. Service was extraordinary and so is the breakfast! This hotel is iconic!

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank GWBolivar
HotelNorgeByScandic, Manager at Hotel Norge by Scandic, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Dear GWBolivar,
Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to review Hotel Norge by Scandic! I'll be sure to pass on your lovely feedback. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

This is like a brand new place with very modern design! It is spotless! Staff are friendly and room is quite practical! Stairways were perfect! Bright and neat! The room is quiet! The restaurant is a bit hard to approach, because people are really not by the entrance.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zhozho
HotelNorgeByScandic, Manager at Hotel Norge by Scandic, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Dear Zhozho,
Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to review Hotel Norge by Scandic! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

We live in Bergen and stayed here during a family visit. After the reconstruction Hotel Norge is perhaps the nicest hotel I’ve ever been to anywhere in the world. It’s super fresh and modern, and very smothly and professionaly run . We had a room with balcony, and I would recommend anyone to consider opting for the balcony. Our’s was on the 9th floor just near the corner towards the Blue Rock and offered great views of Bergen city. The room was a little crammed, but with a larger bathroom, and with very modern style and a comfortable bed.

The breakfast buffet was, hands down, the best I’ve ever been to. This hotel is perhaps the most exclusive in Bergen, but for many I think the buffet alone could justify the higher price.

Super recommendable!

1  Thank Weeg101
HotelNorgeByScandic, Manager at Hotel Norge by Scandic, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Weeg,

Thank you for your amazing review! Delivering world-class guest experiences is why we come to work in the morning and it makes us extremely proud to hear that we deliver what we have promised!
We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Mia & the Hotel Norge team

Reviewed 7 October 2018

I've stayed in 5-star hotels for the past 2 years. Every new destination is an opportunity to discover an unforgettable hotel experience. As a savvy traveller, I have to admit a few stays occupy a very special place on my travel diary and Hotel Norge is one of them.

I'm proud to be one of the first guests to stay at Hotel Norge hence their officially opening happened 4 weeks later. Upon my arrival, an escalator leads me to the lobby area. Contemporary interiors inspired by nature and Scandinavian design are highlighted by a floor to ceiling illuminated moon which is something I've never seen in a hotel before, so thumbs up to that.

Rooms are low-key yet elegant and functional with a view to Bergen's Festplassen square. You can spend quality time relaxing in a hammock looking at Bergen's picturesque architecture from floor to ceiling window.

Located at the hotel grounds the Cafe Norge hosts a stylish cocktail bar and is the ultimate meeting place in Bergen's city centre. A Dj plays a live set during the weekends and I highly recommend you to check out their superb cocktails and mini hamburgers!

If you think you had fun at the bar, you'll probably be impressed by Nova restaurant. The Scandinavian/European menu has a farm to table approach sourcing high-end organic ingredients from the Norwegian countryside. I had the best oysters paired with champagne and a 3-course meal impeccably executed by award-winning chef Orjan Johannessen.

All of this in an extremely friendly and attentive environment to make your stay in Bergen the coolest of all times!

Room tip: Rooms with a view to the city
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank londonfashiontoday
HotelNorgeByScandic, Manager at Hotel Norge by Scandic, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear Marie,
Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to review Hotel Norge by Scandic! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again soon!