“Love the chocolate and cakes, but staff is unfriendly and interior is shabby.”
Review of Moliere - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Moliere
Neighbourhood: Sentrum
Neighbourhood: Sentrum
Bergen, Norway
“Love the chocolate and cakes, but staff is unfriendly and interior is shabby.”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

The chocolates from Moliere are absolutely lovely, the best ones I've ever had. We ordered our wedding cake from Moliere as well, and we certainly don't regret that. Not being a big fan of the whole "marzipan and too-much-whipped-cream"-thing, this was the right choice for us. Best tasting wedding cake ever! And it looked BEAUTIFUL.

As for the actual cafè, the interior is outdated, sticky and feels a bit uncozy. The staff knows their stuff, but sadly they are not that friendly and inviting. Go in, get your chocolate, and eat it somewhere else.

So much potential, but still quite a long way to go.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Kalinedenfine

“1st-Rate Atmospheric Chocolate!”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Many have noted the high price. True. However, if you want superb chocolate, cappucino, croissants and such, then this is the place to frequent in Bergen. For my wife and I, it is our haunt. The staff is very friendly and excellent conversationalists that helped our embryonic Norsk. And they even provided free candies and croissants (try the chocolate one). Service can sometimes be slow, when the cafe is packed in the late afternoon. Finally, if you'd like to be around adults, not the "hip" youth of Bergen while sipping wine or downing a hot coffee, this is the place. Try it. We look forward to Moliere when back in Bergen.

• Visited March 2012
Bergen, Norway
“World class homemade chocolate”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Moliere is a medditerainian inspired cafe with tapas, cheese platter, cake and homemade chocolate. In addition they have a good selection of quality wine and beer. The food is Ok, even though you it might be a little slow service. The real reason to visit this place though is the homemade chocolate. I'm a lover of chocolate, and have eaten my way trough most places in Europe, and I can honestly say that this is the best I've ever tried! Cakes are delicious to.
The atmosphere of the place is nice. Kinda like a french Cafe with warm colours and classic music. They have to ouside areas. Either a couple of tables by the curve facing the historical theater or a cousy backyard garden.

• Visited February 2012
“Expensive”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

This place has the potential, but does not full fill it. The food is too expensive and the plates are to small.

But the polish beer and the home made chocolate is great.

Bergen, Norway
“Luxurious chocolate and good drinks”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

The management oviously has a passion for chocolate, wine and cognac. They also serve other things like tapas. Every time I visit the place, I get tempted to order more than I planned to order.