“Very pleasant, a good meal”
Review of Bambus 33 - CLOSED

Bambus 33
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sentrum
Bolney, England
“Very pleasant, a good meal”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This was average price, good food. I had hoped to discover some Vietnamese specialities but it seemed much like chinese food to me. Large portions so be wary about ordering starters! Kitchen closes round about 9pm.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank BritZo

Bergen, Hordaland, Norway
“Disappointing, used to be better--nearly tasteless...”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Have been here in previous years and even taken guests here. Was here with a friend, ordered the seafood mix on a hot iron platter and the tofu with vegetables stirfry. The former had a little flavor, but not much; there were a few small leaves of thai basil in the dish, but otherwise this could have passed as a typical Bergen Chinese dish with an undistinguished brown sauce. The tofu dish was bland to put it mildly (all we could taste was the oil). Very little in the choice of dishes sounds like authentic Vietnamese food, and if our experience is generalizable, they are using hardly any authentic spices. I love the decor and Vietnamese music here, and the creative menus, but if you know anything about Vietnamese food you will be as disappointed as we were.

• Visited September 2013
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Disappointed after reading reviews”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My husband and I had high hopes for the restaurant after reading the reviews but unfortunately we found it rather disappointing.

I will start by saying that I am not a fan of sea food. This restricted my choices greatly, as all the available starters were sea food based. My husband had the wonton soup starter, which was ok but rather bland.

The choice of main course was also limited for those who did not like seafood (Even the chicken dishes had prawns mixed in) so I chose the beef with rice noodles, my husband had the pork cooked in Cola (Motivated by the unusual choice!) Interestingly, around 20% of the menu was unavailable and was crossed out. The starter came and was ok but bland as listed above, but then the main courses arrived a minute later, even though my husband had not finished the starter. The mains were again, fairly bland (even though both were listed as spicy) and rather disappointing.

All in all, disappointing after having read the earlier reviews.

Pro's - Quick service, reasonably priced (By Bergen standards)
Con's - Large number of unavailable dishes, restricted menu for those who don't like seafood, bland food

• Visited August 2013
Western Norway, Norway
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Came to Bambus 33 for dinner on a Friday evening due to good write-up on Trip Advisor, and we were not disappointed! Had sweet & sour chicken; chicken curry and wok with beef, chicken and king prawns. All were delicious! Saigon beer was a new experience, and so tasty! The food arrived swiftly and the service was fine. If we lived in Bergen, we would come here again! Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2013
oslo
“Another satisfied customer!”
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

We went to bambus based on a friends recommendation and reading some trip advisor reviews . It lived up to our expectations. The waiter was polite, friendly and didn't rush us. The food portions are on the large side and all four of us thoroughly enjoyed our choices . Prices in bergen are typically on the high side so I would say they were competitive .
The atmosphere is relaxed with low music, dim lights and big windows. Be sure to book ahead as its quite a small and cosy restaurant .

• Visited May 2013