“Love the food!”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sentrum
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I was very impressed with how artistic every dish looked and I don't think is like a fine dinning restaurant, just a café next to our accommodation. we ordered the fish soup with scallops, fish and mussels and it was rich and tasty, perfect for a cold and rainy day. we also had a mushroom soup with local fish cakes, and a shrimps entrée. I enjoyed the raspberry sorbet for dessert and it looked so beautifully decorated I didn't want to eat it but once you do, it tasted heavenly. I think the local taste bud is more to the salty side so I think its normal that the dishes are slightly salty but I will still come back next time!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Celebrated my birthday by gathering some friends for dinner at Yr cafe. Half had fish, and the rest ate a meat platter. Everyone was thrilled over the food. This is the best fish dish I have ever eaten! Will definetely go here again! All my friends had never been here before, and every single one, said they would definetly go back another time. Great service, and the price is very reasonable

Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

We were 3 persons who visited Yr for lunch.

We're locals and were supposed to visit another establishment, but luckily for us it was closed.

We ended up in Yr by a coincidence. (Rainy day)

We ordered the "brunch platter" which was a sandwich with brie and cured ham, the soup of the day, fried potatoes, aioli and a cake. The dishes were very good and the service from the nice and friendly waiter was excellent! The price was 185nok which in our opinion gives great value for the meal.

Would like to recommend this establishment to others who live in Bergen or is visiting.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Good service, great food!!! We have been here often and have never been disappointed. We celebrated Valentine s Day there last and it was perfect.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Being food lovers, we got a gift certificate to Yr Cafe as a gift from our friends. Our impression was mixed. The salmon we had as a starter was good, the main dish quite bad, the chocolate fondant was perfect, but served with a synthetic tasting tutti frutti ice-cream, a strange choice. The service was ok, no knowledge about wines and VERY slow, but friendly and smiling. We haven't been there since, and most probably we won`t visit again.