“Chinese flavours were quite nice”
Review of China Palace

China Palace
Ranked #178 of 398 Restaurants in Bergen
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sentrum
Reviewed 25 March 2013

The restaurant has a large carp pond in the middle of the restaurant - unfortunately it seems to encourage certain boisterous children to play around the pond - so definitely don't get the table near the pond. Good service - nice hot towel at the end. A shared beef, chicken and pork dish - tasty enough and very filling. Sweet and sour was quite nice

Reviewed 6 February 2013

My boyfriend and I ate here in february. The atmosphere is ok, with nice chineese decoration. But this is definetly not the place to go if you want a romantic dinner, due to all the children running around screaming and playing.
The food is terrible, and not especially cheap. It seems like they are using a frozen bag of vegetables just putting some untasty sauce on it. I usually love Chinese food, but not here.
The service was not good either, the staff didn´t pay any attention to us, and they forgot to give us water or ask us for dessert.
It´s much better to cook your chinese meal at home, or simply go to another restaurant, I would never go back.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

I wanted to have chinese food this evening and chose this restaurant. I have eaten here some years ago and remembered it as a nice place. I was not disappointed this time either, The restaurant was crowded with people, but I didn't wait long for a table. Service was good and fast and the food was really good. I had a mixed course and when they brought it to the table it could easily have been dinner for two people. Nice price and plenty of food. I was really full when I left.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

This place serves American-style Chinese food at a reasonable price, so you know it won't be top-shelf dining. It gets five stars because of the low prices, the great service, the central location and the nice atmosphere. The food is good, taking all of the above into account, and I've never been disappointed coming here. They have a lunch menu that offers smaller portions at a lower price before 5 pm.

Reviewed 25 December 2012

The place is located on the second floor, the atmosphere is cozy.
Service is helpful and rapid.
The food was really nothing to write home about, typical Chinese that we see in the west, very average quality.