“Quiet and delicate” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 47 Hotels in Bergen
Stavanger, Norway
“Quiet and delicate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

This is a hotel in quiet area. Its about 10 minutes to walk to "Fisketorget". My room was delicate and a bit "homey", Excellent breakfast and good service. My only objection is that it is no coffe/tee facilities on the rom - even thoug it is always available by the reseption. A nice stay - I will use this hotell again!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SveinAnderssen, Manager at Comfort Hotel Holberg, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Hello Mona E.
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel and for your kinds words. We hope to see you again real soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013 via mobile

As a regular traveller to Bergen for work I have stayed in many hotel's here. However my experience in the Holberg hotel was very poor. Rooms poorly cleaned and the breakfast very poor. Most mornings they would run out of Orange juice or bread or coffe etc. Often there were no cups available at the coffee machine. Staff were also very unhelpful and it appears that there favourite sentence was "I'm sorry sir, it,s finished! This is one Comfort hotel I won't be returning to anytime soon.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank MCTME
Hello MCTME.
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am very sorry to hear about your negative experience. Clean rooms and a good breakfast are essential parts of our effort to constantly provide our guests with the best possible stay. We will therefore investigate the complaints in your feedback with the respective departments. Feedback from our guests helps us to never stop developing ourselves. I hope you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves the next time you visit Bergen.

Travellers are raving about these Bergen hotels

Gjovik, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

Second time in this hotel in one month. This is NOT good.
Last time the dirty towels from the last customers was still in my cleaned up room. Leaking shower head and missing hooks for the towels.

This time, hair from the last customer or the cleaning lady was both on the toilet and in the shower.

The bathroom and shower is like Warzawa when I was there in 1991..

Small tv, lousy quality on the screen (hotel cables) and they are missing a lot of channels I would expect in 2013.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
SveinAnderssen, Manager at Comfort Hotel Holberg, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
Hello Howieboy68.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very sorry to hear about your bad experience with us.

The situation with the dirty towels was clearly a breach in our routines and should never have happened. The shower head and hooks were fixed as soon as you told us about it in your questback survey, thank you for that. Feedback from our guests is an important tool for us in our effort to offer the best possible hotel experience.

We strive to maintain a high level of cleanliness. Hair in the bathroom is obviously also a breach of our routines and will be investigated further with our housekeeping department.

We have always had good feedback regarding our TV’s and channel selection. If there are certain channels you would like, please tell us about it on our Facebookpage and we will examine the possibility of getting it.

We hope you will give us another chance to redeem ourselves the next time you visit Bergen.
Oslo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

We felt very welcome when we arrived at the hotel. The rooms were a bit small, but ok. The location is very good. Good value! There is free coffe and tea to bring to your room. Walking distance to the aquarium and the city center.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SveinAnderssen, Manager at Comfort Hotel Holberg, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Hello Anne H.

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel and for your kind words.

We hope to see you again real soon!
Oslo, Norway
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

I have Choice club Gold card & my boyfriend with Silver card. We have 3 rooms for me ,my kids ,my mom & my sister but when I ask for upgrade the girl in reception tell me she can upgrade for 1 room. We arrived around 10:00 AM 28Mar13. When I ask where we can eat she give us the discount card of Chilli bar & restaurant and show us the way to the other Chilli bar & restaurant about 15' walk away(Because Easter so the one in the hotel was closed) But when we get there it was closed also. The rooms have dust on the tables & chairs. When my boyfriend arrive in the afternoon he saw nobody at reception so he just went straight to the room. Breakfast was at 6:30-9:30, but at 9:00 some of the food was empty and wasn't refilled. The next morning when we check out, I ask the receipt for my point from the reception 's girl, who just allowed me to have point for 2 rooms when I tell her I can have points for my own stay & my family she answer me I just can have points for myself & my children under 12years old . I ask her if I can't have points for the 3th room so I want it for my boyfriend's card but she denied. She tell me he must stay at the hotel,I show him to her when he pick up our baggage but she still not agree. Don't want to argue to a person who doesn't know what's her job so that I ask for the receipt of hotel but she tell me it was on my booking & doesn't give receipt for the 3th room. So disappointed! When I check my profile the next day I see my point was minus & adding for that 2rooms.It mean I have no point for that 2 rooms. I'll never ever back to this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
SveinAnderssen, Manager at Comfort Hotel Holberg, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Hello Ann H.

First of all I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I am very sorry to hear that your experience was so unsatisfying.

Our ability to upgrade our guests depends entirely on availability, we simply can not upgrade if we do not have available superior rooms.

Our in-house restaurant Chilli was closed over the Easter holydays, but they do in fact have two other restaurants in Bergen. Why you where sent to a closed one I don’t know, but must be due to some form of miscommunication. For that I apologize. Luckily there a plenty of other good restaurants in the City Centre.

Regarding the bonus points, the rules from Nordic Choice Club - which you have agreed to - are very clear: “A member can never earn bonus points for another person’s or another member’s transaction(s). Bonus points are awarded, however, if, in connection with your stay, you book an extra room for family members from within the same household”.
In other words, our receptionist was simply following protocol. Also, receipts for prepaid rooms, like the ones you had booked, are automatically given via e-mail. If additional documentation is needed, this must be provided by Nordic Choice customer service.
For more information about membership rules, please visit the Nordic Choice website.

Again, I am sorry for your negative impression and hope you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves the next time you visit Bergen.
Kongsberg, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

Value for money hotel centrally located in Bergen.This was my first stay at this hotel and served the purpose during my two-day business visit.Free coffee/tea and friendly staff. Very clean room even though the size was among the smallest I have ever stayed in. Even so, I plan to stay at this hotel also in the future. The only thing I missed was an information package about Bergen in the room. All in all, highly recommeneded.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Dag N
SveinAnderssen, Manager at Comfort Hotel Holberg, responded to this review, 31 January 2013
Hello Dag N! Thank you for reviewing our hotel and for your kind words. We are glad to hear that you stay with us was satisfying. Information booklets about Bergen (in several different languages) can be found in the lobby. We hope to see you again soon!
Halden, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

Usually I try to book at this hotel when I'm in Bergen. First of all it is a Choice Hotel and it is very close to the center. Prices are also nice. This time I'm here for 7 nights. Good service and breakfast. The restaurant is called Chilli and they have great Tapas and pizzas. Choice have several great hotels in Bergen, but this one is the one I like the best.

Room Tip: Rooms 416, 516, 616 and 717 gives a view out against the sea.