“Good location, needs an update”

Radisson Blu Hotel Norge
Ranked #32 of 47 Hotels in Bergen
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good location, needs an update”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

This hotel is in a pretty good location, its maybe a 5 minute walk to the main tourist area (but not directly in it). Its a 5 minute walk (in another direction) to the train station (great if you are doing a Norway in a nutshell tour). The airport shuttle drops you off next to the hotel. There is a park across the street and museums nearby as well as shopping and restaurants.
That being said the room was very small and really need some renovations, it just felt old. It was clean and all just outdated. Breakfast ok, there were a good number of choices but it was crowded and dark in the room. My view was of the office across the street.
The staff was very nice and very helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

Beautiful charming city. Truly Norwegian flavor and spirit. Love the place!. Location is excellent, close to many attractions. Will stay there again. Fish market has a great selection for seafood. Particularly their fish soup!. Take the tram to the top of the mountain. Than hike back on any one of the trail.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stillinogden
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

Stayed at Radisson Norge last week and was upgraded to a Business Class room which was quite nice. The room it's self was more modern than previous rooms I had used/stayed in before in this hotel. The hotel is in need of renovation as many of the areas within the hotel are dated. Only ate breakfast and dinner and it was not to bad.

I had to call reception on one of the days to ask for someone to clean and make up my bed. The cleaner informed me that she forgot???

Internet connection is very poor so be aware if you need to work from your room.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the business class rooms on the back end of the hotel as there is less noise at night...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Subsea-1

Travellers are raving about these Bergen hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

Hotel was nice from the outside but inside was just not as i expected it to be.... We got the business room and it was soo small what is the point putting double single business etc rooms when it was even big ...BIG JOKE

we got a nice view with a balcony but that was the main thing about the room. The bathroom was soo small it was just ridiculous...

I have stayed at radisson hotels before and i have to say i prefer rica if i had to pay the same amount for this one...

There was dents on the door it just wasnt up to radisson standard at all

And there was alot of noise in the hall way ppl being drunk etc

Ohhh and the breakfast soooo ridiculous.... I am a vegeterian and there was nothing for hot meal and was no service etc was bad....

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Bergen, Hordaland, Norway
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

Where do I start? The hotel is located right next to the most party busy street in Bergen. Friday night a bunch of drunk locals made noise until 4 am. You´d think the hotel had insultated MODERN windows but no no just old wooden ones. When we complained the next day we got a single room which they pretended was a double room. They didn´t care to make it into a double bed for us but told me to find the the extra pillow etc. in the cupboard. My girlfriend got a severe fever and we ran out of painkillers in the middle of the night. I asked the receptionist 7 am for some painkillers but he wouldn´t give me any saying the hotel was no longer willing to take the cost. Instead he suggested that I would purchase more at the seven eleven across the street. Hello. Of course they have painkillers. Any restaurant, hotels etc. have for employees and usually also for their customers in need.

Furthermore, a girl in our group has allergy and asked for a new set of bedsheets. At first they said that they didn´t have any but then they said they would bring it. She sat for hours waiting but they never showed up.

To put it short: Stay away from this hotel. There are several better hotels in Bergen.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Pjonpjon
Ancona, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

The Hotel is central, the bus from the airport stops just in front. The room is a little worn out but in general comfortable and clean. The breakfast was good even if not particularly rich. The breakfast room is very old just as the rest of the Hotel. The personnel is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Plymouth
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

Where do we start.........context. This was a weekend away for me and my wife with our 10month old baby daughter to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. This has been the first real get away for me and my wife since leaving the UK to live in Norway. I thought that a little weekend away would be lovely......

OK - the positives. The location of the hotel is great. Right in the town centre and metres away from the drop of point for the airport express bus. It is convenient for the rest of town and the view across the adjacent lake with the mountains in the background is great (especially in the morning). The restaurant is superb. We didn't try the Bare fish restaurant but the menu was really good so worth a shout if you are intrigued. The main hotel restaurant was lovely and the staff a real credit to the place. Food was reasonably priced for Norway (expect to pay about £100-£120 for a one course meal for 2 inc a bottle of ok-ish wine) but the service was spot on. The staff were attentive and really looked after me and my family - being very sweet towards my daughter and making sure she was catered for as much as me and my wife.

Right, now the downside. The initial booking including a email enquiry to supply flowers for our room (at my cost) bearing in mind it was my anniversary. This was the first disappointment as no one bothered to discuss it and when enquired about on arrival no one seemed to care that this had been missed. I had excuses about this being due to the booking desk...blah, blah but I was given no doubt that I was not going to be indulged with any "additional" requests. The next was the appalling room. This is what they won't tell you on their web-site...the family rooms are actually meeting rooms which they have supplied temporary beds in to give you square meterage to give you a sense of space for your family. This means that when you get in there you will be re-arranging tables and chairs to get a bed out and possibly set out a crib (if one can be found). The next thing is you will be cleaning up after the last meeting getting rid of old bottle tops, broken glass and other debris such as writing materiel and board rubbers. We asked to be moved as the room clearly had not been cleaned only to be told that the hotel was full due to an event and that only similar rooms were available. This wouldn't have been so bad if it were similar size and not similar state of cleanliness! The room was so bad that we couldn't even let our daughter play on the floor. The bed itself was one of those pull down (store vertical) beds with a 4 inch mattress which was very uncomfortable in addition to a sofa bed. As for the spa - over priced and another area lacking in investment and care. At the time neither pool or jacuzzi were being heated properly.

Overall I was so disappointed with this hotel. The indifference of the hotel staff before and during our stay was so uncalled for - especially as this was our first weekend away for ages, let alone being our first wedding anniversary. This was completely contrasted by the friendly restaurant staff and great food. We plan to visit Bergen again in the Summer but this hotel will not be on our plans again.

Room Tip: Keep clear of the family rooms on the third floor - they double up as meeting rooms for the conferen...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family