“Convenient Location and Pleasant staff”

Radisson Blu Hotel Norge
Ranked #34 of 46 Hotels in Bergen
Sugar Land, Texas
“Convenient Location and Pleasant staff”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I was reluctant to book a room due to some of the very negative comments on this site, but was unable to get my dates at several other possible choices. My expectations weren't very high, so I was pleasantly surprised. My room was very spacious with plenty of natural light. It was clean, in good working order and had a great view of the park. The bathroom was a little dated, but was clean and had a huge tub (great for couples). Breakfast was very good with lots of options.

The location is unbeatable and the Flybussen (airport express bus) stop is literally next to the hotel.

Room Tip: Business class rooms are worth the extra money. My room was on the 8th floor and facing the park. Th...
1 Thank captal52
Therese S, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel Norge, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Captal52,
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the room and your stay. We look forward to your next stay!

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Director of sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Location is great, everything else is poor. I would never go back unless I had no other choice. The rooms haven't been redecorated since mid 60's. I didn't feel stepping into that bath dub to take a shower in the morning! The garage is way to small to park a normal sized car.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

2 Thank Tom M
Therese S, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel Norge, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Tom M,
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay, due to the reason that the hotel need redecoration. We are aware of this and have plans in the near future.
Meanwhile our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best “Yes I Can!” service.
If you want to discuss your stay futher,please do not hesitate to send us an email; therese.t.steen@radissonblu.com

Best regards,

Travellers are raving about these Bergen hotels

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 26 May 2014

as others have mentioned, the furniture here has seen better days, but the location in Bergen is impeccable, and some of the room features are quite nice.

pros:
-comfortable bed
-compared to another hotel I visited in Bergen, this one has much better sound insulation
-I rather like the Radisson blu brand of body lotion
-there IS a pool which is actually long enough to do laps in
-Breakfast is extensive and the view from the breakfast room is rather nice, looking out at the lovely Bergen gazebo.
-the over-bed lights were pretty cool (blue & yellow backlit wave pattern)

cons:
-really could use some updating, as the furniture all seems to be rather dinged. For example, my colleague was in an executive room, and all the leather trim on the "fancy furniture" was peeling off in a strange lizard skin pattern. For a fancy room that's supposed to be worth the extra money it seemed like an unfortuate oversight.
-the jacuzzi wasn't working in the pool.
-the iron was missing from my room. I didn't ask for it to be replaced since I don't wear clothes that require ironing.

all in all, the room served its purpose though. Got my sleep, felt refreshed, had a decent breakfast and was ready for my meeting.

Room Tip: I was in 403 which looked out over the pedestrian shopping street on its own private mini-corridor.
Dear Icexpatriate,
Thank you for your constructive and detailed feedback and for taking your time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed many different things at our hotel, that is nice. We are also aware, and agree with you, that some parts of the hotel need refurbishing, and we have plans for that. Your comments have been forwarded to the rest of the management team.
We hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to us next time you visit Bergen.
Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have stayed here several times as I visit Bergen probably twice a month. I was booked into Radisson Norge as it was just for one night and the other hotels were busy. On arrival all seemed well and I was given a Business Class room on the 9th floor.
The room has the normal facilities in it being a bedroom and a bathroom. In the bedroom the heating control had been damaged exposing which I would assume to be "Live", in the bathroom cabels were pertuding through the walls and the mould on the bath tub was very visible!
I reported this to the receptionist when I left but she did not seem very interested as she didnt even take out her pen to note it down. There are better hotels in Bergen so best to look around.

4 Thank Subsea-1
Dear Subsea-1,
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions with the technical department to solve this case. To discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly, and ask for mr Endre Olsen/ Executive manager assistant.

Kind regards,
Norway
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed here for two nights together with my grown up daughter. Location is unbeatable, right in the middle of everything! Beds were nice, and breakfast very good.
I did not like the brown/orange/green room decor, reminded me of the 70ties, and I do not want to go back! Maybe it was supposed to be retro, but didn't like it anyway! Wifi fell out at day 2 of 3 days. When I tried to log on I got a message saying no one was checked in to this room! Maintenance was not the best, the dust bin in our room was not emptied during our 3 days and 2 nights stay. The hotel could need some refurbishment - but price was very good, and if totally refurbished prices would probably double, so..........

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Therese S, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel Norge, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear Nordkvinnen,
Thank you for sharing your reviews, we appreciate this.Thank you for nice feedback about beds and food, this is really important.

We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Endre Olsen/ executive manager assistant.

Our best regards,
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This hotel is like Back to the future movies. It puts you back to about 1986. Poor standard, dirty carpets, non functional internet and a gym that looked like a waste dump. Avoid! You are better off on the street or sleeping in the park outside.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

1 Thank Thomas E
Dear Thomas E,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for mr Endre Olsen.
Ellon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel due to its location in the town. This, and the breakfast, is probably the best thing about the hotel. I was given a room which would seem to be a training room converted to a bedroom! I half expected to waken in the morning, with a group of hotel staff working at the table which surrounded the room walls on three sides. Coupled with the small inset overhead lights above this white desk unit. It was a single bed and admittedly comfortable almost in a cupboard with the bathroom on the wall at the end of the bed. The room admittedly had a sofa and two easy chairs sitting in the middle of this unusual room. It was hardly inviting. The staff were very efficient and the hotel really does need an overhaul. It is clean but almost depressing.

Room Tip: I unfortunately cannot recall the room number...but if you are there make sure its not the training...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rennie C
Dear Rennie C,
Thank you for taking your time to give us this review, we really appreciate it.
We regret to hear about your disappointment in the room you received. We attempt to fulfill each of our guest’s requests to the best of our ability. Prior to your next stay, we welcome you to contact us so we may discuss your accommodations in detail.

On behalf of the management team,
Best regards