“Choose another hotel!”
Review of Scandic Neptun

Ranked #29 of 51 Hotels in Bergen
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Arrived at 18.30 and they still had not got our room ready. We were going to a concert and expected the room to be ready with regards to normal check in time which was 15.00. Ok room but small. Breakfast was not good. Little to choose from and poor refilling of food. Would choose another hotel...

• Stayed: July 2013
biriv, Manager at Scandic Neptun, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Thank you for your review!
We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. With regards to the late check-in, please accept our apologies; something seems to have gone wrong. Check-in time is normally at 15.00 PM and I can totally understand your disappointment. Hopefully you enjoyed the concert and the rest of your stay in Bergen.

Hope you have a nice summer!

Marketing Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,008)

Reviewed 17 July 2013

I arrived in Bergen to start a 10 day trip in Norway. It was an easy connection from the airport by bus. Upon arrival at the hotel, it seemed empty so I was checked in immediately. I had pre-paid for 1 night so I was not asked for any documentation or credit card. The room was small, OK by Norway standards (1 towel and soap in a dispenser on the wall, no lotion, shampoo, etc.). The next morning I went downstairs for breakfast (which was included) and there seemed to be more people than I expected. The breakfast was excellent, lots to choose from. I stowed my luggage for a few hours in a closet while I explored Bergen....again no tag, just put the bags in a closet. A nice welcome to Norway....very little crime. Expect everything to be very expensive....this was $200.00 per night.

Room Tip: We had a nice view of the city, the one's facing the courtyard were dismal.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review!
We’re really glad you liked it here and that you found our breakfast excellent. We are a member of Scandic hotel chain and due to the strong environmentel focus of the chain we are not allowed to keep many small amenities in rooms/bathrooms.

Good to hear that we gave you a nice welcome to Norway - hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip.

Welcome back to Scandic Neptun!

Reviewed 17 July 2013

This hotel is nice for a quick stopover in Bergen. When we arrived, we were given a tiny, closet room overlooking a car park. We immediately asked to change it and the front desk graciously helped. Our subsequent room was lovely, albeit still a bit small, with a little sitting area and a partial view of the harbor. My mother and I were visiting Norway on the Norway in a Nutshell tour, so the hotels were chosen by our travel agent. The location is not bad, just a short walk from the airport bus dropoff point (about 10 mins) up a small hill. The beds were comfortable (two twins) and the room was well equipped with coffee/tea and enough space for the two of us to manage. It was a quick overnight with breakfast in the morning (very nice buffet!), before we headed off by train for the rest of our tour. I would stay at Scandic Neptun again if I visited Bergen.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in corner so you can see harbor!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review!
We are happy to hear that you and your mother liked it here. For your information, if you ever come back, there is an additional airport bus company stopping right outside the hotel.

Hope you had a great Norway in a nutshell tour.

Have a nice summer!

Reviewed 12 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel before and after doing a 12-day cruise from Bergen to Kirkenes and back. It was very well situated, close to the Harbour, Fishmarket, etc. We ate in both the Lucullus and Pascel, Mat e Vin and had good food in both. The bar is also good. However, it's all eye-wateringly expensive, particularly Lucullus, but then that applies for most of Norway. The breakfast was particularly good, although on days when it busy, it was a bit chaotic as the serving area is fairly cramped. The room was on the top floor (mini suite 807) and was comfortable, with a very good bathroom, which was very convenient for my husband who is on crutches and needs an accessible shower. However, the TV was not well situated, as it was on a wall at the side of the bed! The air-conditioning could have performed better too, and I think it would have been very uncomfortable had it been much warmer in Bergen. It seemed odd not to have suppled tissues, which seems to be standard in virtually every hotel I have ever stayed in, and the lack of a safe, shower cap, face cloth and the small thin towels provided certainly don't put the hotel in the 4* bracket.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review!
We’re really glad you liked it here and that you enjoyed the breakfast and your vist to the restaurants. I can understand you found Lucullus expansive, but it is ranged as a fine-dining restaurant and therefore it costs a bit more than regular rstaurants. Luckily we have two more restaurtants for our guests to choose among.

Scandic Neptun is a part om the Scandic hotel chain, and due to the environmental focus Scandic has we are not allowed to have much extra amenities in room. However, we are glad you enjoyed the the room and that it was convenient for your husband.

Hope to see you back one day!

Reviewed 10 July 2013

The Scandic Neptun Hotel is located in the main shopping area of Bergen and about one block's walk from the nearest Airport bus stop. I think it may be some distance to the train station but I cannot confirm this as I arrived by air. The rooms are reasonably sized with very comfortable beds, flat screen tv, tea and coffee equipment, minifridge (but no minibar) and wifi (no charge). My bathroom was also very nice with a good sized bath.

The hotel has the usual buffet but the range of food is quite wide. You can take away a lunch pack for about 45 Kr from the buffet. The hotel also has three restaraunts but I did not eat in so I cannot comment.

The main compliment I have for this hotel is the accommodating nature of the staff. I arrived at the hotel with a bad cold and they organised for me to get access to a room immediately which involved changing things around as it was well before check in time. My housekeeper furnished me with additional boxes of tissues and they allowed me to have a late check out on my day of depature. Being ill on holiday is never enjoyable but I was very grateful to the staff for showing understanding for my situation.

I would stay here again on a return visit to Bergen.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
biriv, Manager at Scandic Neptun, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Thank you for your review!
I´m so happy to hear that our staff took good care of you. Thank you for your kind words, I´ll make sure they get back to the staff:) Hope the flu did not ruin your holiday..

Hope to see you back, and in the meantime; have a great summer!

Reviewed 6 July 2013

I spent 3 nights in this hotel.
Overall is ok.
The building in new and modern.
The room was clean and large, bed was comfortable, wi-fi fast and free.
The position is excellent, close to the city center.

To note few minor disappointing things:
- the TV (large and flat and modern) was not in front of the bed. It was on the side of the bed, impossible to watch from the bed
- the two restaurants of the hotel - in my opinion - are not good. But there are many others in the area (2 min walk)

In general, I would stay in this hotel, again.

Room Tip: If you want to watch TV, ask for a TV in front of the bed. Mine was on the side (horrible position...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bergamo76
biriv, Manager at Scandic Neptun, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Thank you for your review!
We are glad to hear that you enjoy our good location and the hotel in general. Unfortunately in a few rooms you can´t watch TV from the bed, but if that´s the case you should be able to watch from the armchair or the sofa in the room.

Have a nice summer!

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Scandic Neptun has a great location within easy walking distance of Bergen Harbour and other main tourist attractions. We arrived to a rather grumpy and unhelpful person on the reception desk although the staff the following morning were fine. We had one of the recently renovated rooms which was of a good 4 star hotel standard. Comfortable, well equipped but still some street noise even thought the windows were double glazed. Breakfast was very good with a wide range of items - hot and cold. Quite expensive for what you get but this is true of many hotels in Bergen. We would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
biriv, Manager at Scandic Neptun, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Thank you for your review!
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank for your nice comments on the good location, breakfast and the hotel in general.

We wish you a beautiful summer!