Scandic Byparken
US$193
US$176
  • Breakfast included
The Hanseatic Hotel(Bergen)(Great Value!)
US$232
Clarion Hotels
US$208
US$156
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel Terminus(Bergen)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$278
US$228
Hotel No 13
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrica hotelgreat breakfasttrain stationhotel breakfastsmoked salmonwithin walking distancecentral locationfamily roomfish marketmin walktop floormain attractionsreception areatea and coffeemodern hotelyogurtsmoothies
Reviewed 20 July 2014

What a beautiful hotel, I loved the room no matter how tiny it was, it had a neat clean bathroom with wonderful toiletries, reminded me of NY and SFO rooms. Very neatly decorated and cosy. The b/fast was super duper good and I have already decided to host my guests with their breakfast ideas- have the juice shots really good and delicious. The hotel has tea and coffee in the lobby. The hotel is well located and the airport bus is not too far as well as the station. The city is amazing, postcard everywhere. Eat at the right places, supermarkets have great hot food too if you want rice and stir fry etc or a roast chicken for under 10 dollars. Do the Norway in a nutshell tour, that is the only way to see Bergen at its best. We did lots of research and that is the best. The sights are all over the small city so you can walk and rest and take in the place. Its gods country I say. We were the only young couple traveller with lots of retirees, but still good. I plan to go back there more and stay at Rica too.Truly a must see and stay city.

Room Tip: I assume most rooms are standard and the city is a quiet city in general so no problems of noise
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel is within walking distance from the train station which is how I arrived. It's pretty much the opposite end of the park once you exit the station. It's nicely located not too far from the "city center/fish market" (about 5-10 minute walk maybe less). I was leaving the city by flight and the airport bus stop was just a block away from the hotel so it was perfect. It's also one of the few stops the bus was making so you'll definitely get a seat on the 30-45 minute bus ride to the airport.

I was originally given a room facing inward but I asked to change to one with a view. They did give me a warning that it's noisy which was true. However, I'm from NYC so it didn't bother me. You can hear the traffic walk sign changing and there's a bar/venue on the corner so I heard the crowd, but honestly this didn't bother me. The rooms are small but still spacious. My room had 2 chairs (1 desk and 1 by the door). I had a single bed which was comfy. I wrote the following in my reviews for other hotels in Norway & Sweden and I learned that the showers are not exactly separated from the rest of the bathroom. Except for this hotel, I felt the shower drain was slow because the water did flow on to nearly half of the bathroom floor. I did inform the hotel about this but I did add I was taking long showers which may cause the drain to not go as fast as it should so they decided not to look into it. Honestly, even if I took long showers, the water shouldn't leak so much into the rest of the bathroom.

Besides the average prices, I did book this room due to the rave reviews of the breakfast. Honestly to me, it was just the way the presentation was that's probably why everyone is fanning over it. They do have a good diverse selection, but I felt it was how breakfast was presented compared to other hotel breakfast buffets. To me there was nothing too special out of it except for a slightly more diversity (i.e. instead of 1 type of salmon there was 3 types)

The one thing that did bother me the most is their luggage storage room. You ask for the key and you go downstairs where no one is around to drop/pick up your luggage. There is no camera either. Although I personally don't leave anything valuable in my luggage, I did not appreciate how there was a "lack of" security over my bags and how easily accessible I can ask for the key. The front desk did change people so how does he/she know I am staying at the hotel when I want the key?

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Slept like a baby the whole night . It was an Amazing bed , Amazing breakfast with all you need for the perfekt breakfast and the best location in Bergen . Loved the View to fløien and Ulriken . I recommend it strongly like the Hulk ! Nice service .

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Really good hotel - especially the breakfast, which was great as Bergen is so so expensive! For NOK 70, you can get a box to take away food from the breakfast buffet for your lunch.
Staff all very friendly. We asked if it was possible to get breakfast to go at 4.30am as we were going to the airport and it was ready and waiting for us at reception.
Rooms not huge but nice and clear with comfy beds and pillows. There's a 'pillow menu' too so you can get another pillow if you prefer. Fridge with mini bar which we used to store our own food/drinks.
Great location - 5 minute walk from the train station and a 2 minute walk from the airport bus stop (25 min to airport, NOK 140 return/NOK 90 single). A lovely big park, pretty much across the road, which we sat in a few times as it was sunny.
It was really hot when we were there so we left the windows open when we went to sleep but got woken up from noise, I guess from people leaving a nightclub. We closed the windows and it was fine so I wouldn't be put off staying here because of this.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

A budget hotel after the style of Premier Inn or Holday Inn Express.

Public space is very basic and there is no restaurant, except they seem to cater specially for tour parties.

We had a "superior" room which was on 7th floor, so had a good view. Room was budget basic but reasonably well equipped.

Breakfast was varied and very good. Unusually guests are encouraged to help themselves and make a packed lunch for the day, an unusual idea, but given prices in Norway something to be welcomed.

There are no room safes although there is a safe, with personal boxes, at reception that can be used. A bit of a pain to keep accessing it, via reception staff though.

The hotel location is very convenient for exploring on foot.

The staff were generally friendly and helpful although there was one complete "jobsworth" (twenties, dark hair, dumpy) who was totally unhelpful on several occasions. Disappontingly staff did not wear name badges.

Room Tip: Go for a 7th floor room which gives you a mountain view