“Very nice stay”

Ranked #22 of 46 Hotels in Bergen
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

A fantastic hotel, basic did not come to mind at all while I stayed there, the design was very stylish and modern, aswell as being extremely comfortable. I was anticipating not being able to sleep that well as there were a handful of bars and restaurants around the corner but the only thing I heard during my stay were the seagulls (and there are plenty!)
I stayed in a single room and although it was small, I felt this to be made up by the stylish interiors and the REALLY NICE bathroom that wouldn't have looked out of place in a four star hotel!
The location was superb, a five minute walk to the centre of Bergen and another fifteen minutes sits Bryggen and the Fløibanen. I must also mention how friendly the man behind reception was when I arrived and during my stay, I didn't catch a name, but he was always friendly whenever I bumped into him and recommended what to see and do as well as helping me with directions, thank you!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Mountain View, California
Reviewed 6 April 2012

This is a beautiful hotel in a great location in Bergen. Very close to the tourist information center, attractions, food, and train station. The design is modern and very pretty. The entire place is very quiet and comfortable and also clean. I was in awe of just how nice the room was decorated as well as the entire hotel. Late check in is not a problem as long as you tell them before hand. The price was awesome for a stay in Norway and well worth it. The only issue we had was that the shower ( a semi circle design with two glass doors) was not able to open all the way due to the placement of a wall and sink, so you really had to squeeze in. For a small person this is no issue, but if you are a bit bigger (I am 5'9 and 210lbs) it was a little hard to get in and out. Loved the hotel and will most definitely stay again when we go back to the gorgeous city of Bergen.

Room Tip: Single room has a bed that is nice and big for a single person but can still fit two as a couple. Pl...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Situated close to the city center. Easy to find everything around. Restaurants, malls, shops, supermarket, convenience store, and several kebab shops. We did not spend any money on city transport as the city center that we explored were easily walkable from the hotel.

We arrived early in the morning and got an SMS notification about our booking that we could check in earlier. It really helped as we need a place to rest after our overnight journey by train. The receptionist is friendly and efficient that we can have an early check in.

The hotel is not big, but stylish inside. It has a good size of lift and good security features right from the front door. We need the our room key card to open the front door, the door to the corridor of the rooms and finally to the bed room.

We have got a good deal for booking a double room with private bathroom. It was the cheapest rate we could find in our search. I think our type of room is the smallest type of double room. The room is stylish, new-looking, and very clean. The bed room we had was small about 2.5x2.5 m2, excluding a spacious bathroom. With a queen size bed, the remaining space was quite small. It will be even more difficult to move around if you have large luggage. What else are provided in the room? A working table and chair, TV with few channels, small fridge, heater, mirror, a short horizontal pole to hang the cloths with hangers (instead of cupboard), kettle and cups. The linen and the towels were clean. The soap and toilet tissue were provided.

We stayed there for 1 night. We have a pleasant stay there. I would recommend this hotel for those who would look for basic accommodation within budget.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank daftrade
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Really cool design. Room was small, but very comfortable with everything you could need.
Fantastic location - very central and not noisy.
Wifi was good.
Really good price - even by Norwegian standards - that is saying something.
I checked in late (23:00) and had been given directions of how to access the hotel and my key - it all worked seamlessly.
I only saw one staff member, briefly, during my 2 night stay - but I had no need to interact with them.
Shampoo etc not provided so bring your own.
Room is not tidied every day - so hang your towel up!
No restaurant / bar - but lots of places nearby. Definitely would recommend. Will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
San Jose, California
Reviewed 28 December 2011

This centrally-located hotel is a great bargain find in an otherwise expensive city. The hotel is stylish, clean, and feels as if you paid more than you did. The rooms are quite small, but offer everything that you might need, incl. a comfortable bed and a great shower (daily cleaning is however not included). It was possible to purchase a voucher to get breakfast at a hotel down the street, but we opted to just take coffee and a croissant at one of the many nearby cafes. Since Bergen is a quite small, and walk-friendly town, it is difficult not to be in a good location, but Basic Hotel is in a seemingly attractive part of town, with lots of restaurants, bars, and shops. Overall, a great bargain find that I would surely stay at again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank stickan84
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 October 2011

The hotel is newly renovated and has everything that I need for a hotel stay. Location is excellent! It is a short walk (10mins) to Bryggen, and almost everything else in Bergen (museum/train station). There are also some nice cafes and bread shop and supermarket just opposite the hotel. Room is not the biggest, but clean and bath room decent. Only down side is that it is next a pub and can get noisy at about 2am... Will definitely stay at this hotel again if I visit Bergen again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank winktink
Haugesund
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Very nice boutiqe style, design hotel. Excellent location and good value.
The price was very cheap compare to other options and we where very impressed
with the standard. Daily cleaning is not included, but that was informed by check-in by a
very friendly receptionist and suited us allright. Breakfast is available at a nearby hotel, but we just jused the fridge in the room and bougth coffee ( only NOK 10 ) at the hotel. We hope to come back and will sure recomend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends