Hotel is well sited just off the modern centre of Bergen towards the Nordnes peninsular with its park and old houses. Rather gloomy exterior - c.1900 building.
Friendly reception staff. Free use of internet-connected MAC terminal. Signs displaying the charges for smoking in or vandalising the rooms...
My standard single room was small and felt bleak: after an entrance area (small built-in wardrobe (clothes rail such that clothes hang behind not beside each other) and door to shower room), the main part of the room had a narrow single bed on one side with a small table at the end, TV, table, armchair on the other, gangway between. TV with English language channels: BBCWS, Discovery and Animal Planet (and Russia Today). Also a range of pay services. Curtains kept out much but not all the light. Fridge (unstocked). Narrowness of the bed and lumpiness of the mattress meant that I did not sleep well. The shower room was cramped with poor ventilation. Liquid soap/shower gel only. The website photos are all of renovated rooms, of course.
Breakfast was a reasonable buffet, good if you eat meat and fish. Breakfast room was large and bright but somehow cheerless. NOK 55 charge for taking food out of the breakfast room.
I thought it expensive for a cramped room &c, the different hotel in my one previous visit to Bergen was no better, and reading others' comments it does not look as though Bergen offers particularly good value for money, especially for single travellers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BW Hotell Hordaheimen is a tradtional Norwegian hotel from 1918. Today the hotel is a modern business hotel With 88 rooms, Conference rooms and a cosy restaurant With Authentic Norwegian country Cooking on the menu. If you travel a lot and are looking for a place to relax in a cosy atmosphere, Hordaheimen is the place for you. A home away! The hotel is located in the city centre of Bergen, Close to attractions, restaurants and shopping. Hope to see you on Your NeXT visit to Bergen! Kind Regards Ann Rita Hovden Hotel Manager ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Hotell Hordaheimen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Hotell Hordaheimen Hotel Bergen
- Best Western Hotel Bergen
- Best Western Bergen
- Bergen Best Western