We booked through the Booking.com app on a non-refundable rate of £75 a night, including breakfast. Our room was on the 7th floor of the main building and had two single beds pushed together to form a double (with two single duvets rather than one large one, common in Norway apparently!). The room had a hair drier, iron, kettle, teabags, toiletries, fridge and a massive TV (showing a mix of Norwegian and English language channels plus football, ice hockey and… dressage!). The hotel has free wi-fi, which we used, and free access to the next door gym, which we didn’t.
- The beds were unbelievably comfortable, and it was difficult for my wife to get out of hers in the morning!
- Nice big shower room with a powerful, warm shower.
- It’s only a 5-10 minute stroll away from the Fishmarket and Bryggen. Bergen is a city you can easily walk around, and you’re within reach of most attractions here.
- The hotel is in the ‘theatre district’ near Ole Bulls Plass, which contains the best bars and restaurants in the city.
- Breakfast was superb, with a wide range to choose from: hot and cold continental selection, plus freshly made smoothies, pancakes and pastries.
- Easy transfers to/from the airport with FlyBussBergen, which stops outside the hotel.
- Minibar prices are pretty favourable compared to elsewhere in Bergen
- Our room faced the street and it did get a bit noisy, particularly on Friday & Saturday evening. This was much better with the window shut though.
- There was a faint lingering smell of smoke in the room, although I didn’t notice it much at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose the Scandic Bergen City hotel and enjoy a central Bergen location. Do business in the conference centre or see a film at the Bergen Cinema next door. Unwind in Restaurant Amalie and City Bar. Bergen museums and attractions are just a few blocks away. Dine in the Restaurant Amalie or spend the evening in the City Bar. Enjoy nearby Bergen attractions from the Aquarium, Mt. Floyen, to the Galleriet Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Scandic Hotels, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Scandic Bergen City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Hotel Bergen