All reviews bergen city fish market hurtigruten terminal nice room bed was comfortable nice breakfast bus stop scandinavia bryggen cruise fishmarket harbour nutshell
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Good Location, easy walk to everywhere. Very clean, bed a bit creaky. Breakfast very good, including hot food. Nice staff.It was Independence Day but we weren't bothered by any noise because we were at the back.

Room Tip: Back room probably best.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
biriv, Manager at Scandic Bergen City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for your review!

We are glad you liked it here and that you enjoyed both the breakfast and our central location. Hope you enjoyd the big celebration of our constitutional day!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed there three nights for a conference.
The room was fairly comfortable but boiling hot and there was no aircon or even thermostat to reduce the heat. The windows were hard to open. During the first night, it was noisy from the kitchen fans, from people standing in the inner yard, and worst of all, the cigarette smoke from below filled our rooms (and we hate smoking). The other nights were a little better, but the heat and noise were still an issue.
The room was also not particularly clean, especially the chair which had big stains on it.
The bathroom was a bit more modern and okay.
Room service was inefficient as I had to go downstairs twice to ask for sachets of coffee/creamer in the rooms that had not been topped up.
The food that was provided as part of the conference was excellent and breakfast was also really good.

Room Tip: don't take one that faces the inner yard
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
biriv, Manager at Scandic Bergen City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for your review!
We are sorry to hear that you weren’t satisfied with your room. In situations like this, we recommend letting a member of our staff know and they will help you find a solution to the problem on site.

We are happy to hear that the food that was provided as part of the conference was excellent and you found our breakfast to be really good.

Welcome back to Scandic Bergen City!

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

It's not as good as soon of its Scandic sisters, but it was ok for a two night trip for business. Easy to walk everywhere and close to the University. Room was small but clean and comfortable. Hotel was under renovation so took away from some of the experience. Free wifi and decent TV stations. Staff was friendly and helpful. Make sure you take the bus to downtown central, rather than a cab which can cost $100. Easy 15 minute walk to the hotel. Also, skip the open air fish lunch on the harbor. It was terrible and way overpriced (even for Norweigian standards).

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Medblond
biriv, Manager at Scandic Bergen City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for your review!

We are happy to hear that you like it it here, and that you found the hotel to be sufficient for your trip.

Hope to see you back some day!

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I have a small room on the low floor facing the road. Noise proofing is poor and rooms is a little warm and stuffy for my likings. Windows hav difficulties opening.
Poor maintenance in bathroom is evident. Broken bath tap thermostat. Missing drain plug cover from sink.
Breakfast is not bad.
Seems it is time for some revamp at this hotel.

I have stayed in other scandic hotels before and my experience at this one is no good. I would return to scandic hotels but not the bergen city one.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank KNOMIS
biriv, Manager at Scandic Bergen City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for your review!

We are sad to hear that you were not happy with your stay and the standard of your hotelroom. Next time we recommend you try the Scandic Neptun or the Scandic Strand Hotel, both located in the city centre.

Have a nice spring!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed here for 7 nights during work in Bergen. The hotel is very central with lot's of nice restaurants and bars around. We were 4-5 people travelling together, and some of the others were placed in the building down the road, This was slightly impractical, but no big deal. I'm not sure if got placed in the same building as the breakfast area, and reception due to my membership in the Scandic frequent guest program, or if I was just lucky.

My room on the fifth floor faced the very uninteresting rear side of the hotel, but I did not stay here for the view, so that was OK. The room itself was pretty old and not very fancy, but the furniture and bathroom seemed pretty new. I also had one of the biggest flat screens I have ever seen in a hotel room (probably 42") which was pretty sweet. It even had an HDMI input, and I read that you could borrow an HDMI cable at the reception if you wanted to hook up your laptop to see a movie or similar. I didn't try this myself, but thought it was a very nice service to provide. Also, wireless network was good enough for streaming Netflix/HBO.

Couple of things I did not like about the room: First, I could not find anywhere to lower the temperature in there, but solved this by opening one of the really old windows. I had to jam their welcome magazine in the window to keep it open, but luckily I had no roads, trams or anything noisy outside my room. For one of my colleagues, this was a bigger issue. The other thing was the completely over-sized toilet paper dispenser, mounted directly where your shoulder should have been when sitting on the toilet. This was of course not a big problem, but it resulted in some irritation, about once a day.

Apart from this, the service was great, the staff very welcoming, and the breakfast really nice.

As the hotel is very central, I would probably consider it on my next business trip to Bergen as well.

Room Tip: Try getting a room in the main buildings, so you don't have to go outside to get breakfast.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cerios
biriv, Manager at Scandic Bergen City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for your review!

We are glad you enjoyed our breakfast buffet, the friendly staff, central location and the big TV:)

Welcome back to Scandic Bergen City