All reviews bergen city fish market hurtigruten terminal nice room bed was comfortable nice breakfast bus stop scandinavia bryggen cruise fishmarket harbour nutshell
Reviewed 12 August 2014

A nice location in the centre of Bergen. I stayed here for a little more than a week while working for a music festival in the city. I was working from early morning to late night every day, and just needed a bed, a place to work in my room and a breakfast.

The reception staff was friendly and helpful. Compared to other hotels in Bergen, this one gives decent value for money.

Some other reviewers praise the breakfast. I must disagree with them. The breakfast room was untidy and crowded. The buffet is too small to cater for the number of guests.

While staying in Scandic Bergen City, I was actually a bit worried about the safety. The lock on my door was broken, and I reported it on the third day of my stay. When I left the hotel a week later, it was still broken. I never knew if the door would actually be locked when I ran out of my room every morning.

There were also other things that I found frustrating. The room was not cleaned three days in a row, even though I had placed the "Make up my room please" sign on the door. So when I finally got back to my room in the night after a long day of work, I had to wait for it to be cleaned. The shower broke down during my stay. That was, however, fixed in the afternoon after I had reported it in the morning.

There is free open WiFi everywhere in the hotel. Luckily, Scandic Bergen City does not require you to log on with a user name and password that you have to change every 8 hours or whatever.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kjetil A
biriv, Manager at Scandic Bergen City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for your review!

We are soory to hear that the reception and our technical departement did not take action to fix your door lock during your stay. On the other hand you should have been informed that the door locks itselves, so it is impossible to open without a key.

Your comments on the cleaning has been forwarded to the housekeeping departement so they can look into their routines.

We are glad to hear that you all in all thought our hotel gives decent value for money.

Welcome back to Scandic Bergen City!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Small rooms. Street noise all through the night. Reception has no clue about guiding guests around the city. Looking for a place to sleep after a hard day in the city, this isn't the place to be. Breakfast was above average. We saw mostly very old persons in the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
biriv, Manager at Scandic Bergen City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for your review.

We are sorry to hear that you were not quite happy with your stay. Next time you visit Bergen maybe you´ll try one of the other Scandic hotels in Bergen, we have several hotels that might suit you better.

Wecome back to Bergen and Scandic!

Best regards

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Friendly front desk and bar staff, great breakfast, and nice room....I probably had one of the renovated rooms. No complaints at all. Had a great meal in the restaurant. Hotel is in a good location and walking distance to all of the sights. The hotel is also a great value and very competitively priced with other hotels in the area. Would happily return if I ever get lucky enough to return to Bergen.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your review.

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyd your stay!

Welcome back to Scandic Bergen City!

Best regards

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The hotel is in the center, so the location is great... we spent 3 nights and we loved it. The breakfast is very rich, the hotel clean and they provide hair dryer and iron plus iron board. I recommend it to everyone as it´s also good price for the city.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Samaira Anna C
biriv, Manager at Scandic Bergen City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for your review.

This makes us so happy to hear - we love that you liked it here!

Hope to see you back some day.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

pros: The breakfast is good.

That's it for the good. The hallways smell like wet horse. The carpeting is old and looks filthy. Our room was not clean, there was dust in the bathroom and the carpet was dirty. We stayed at cheaper hotels that were much cleaner.

The front desk clerk was not friendly. She seemed perturbed to have thought work. She answered efficiently and quickly. but it was clear she didn't like to. we have only encountered hotel pleasant hotel staff, so this was very apparent.

I understand not all hotels have air conditioning, but with so much humidity in Bergen the rooms are hot, dank, and smelly.

yes the price is good, but there are other hotels in the area of equal value with better service and facilities.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank samtalya
biriv, Manager at Scandic Bergen City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for your review.

We are sorry to hear that you weren’t happy with the standard of your hotel room. We are aware that some of our rooms and corridors are in need of renovation, this is scheduled and will start in 2015.
We apologize that you felt our staff was not friendly. this is not at all how we want our
guests to feel. We take a lot of pride in being hospitable, and we think we usually are. We’re really sorry about your experience and we’ll pass this on to our front desk manager.